Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Floorplan - can sink fit along wall?

Page 1 of 1
Our plans were originally designed so the kitchen sink is in the island. However, I really REALLY want a 'clean' island with no sink. I just don't think it can fit though. Our kitchen will be roughly 3.8mx3.8m and the island will be approx 2mx1.1m. The cooktop will be around 900mm and we also want wall ovens. The more I write, the more I think I'm dreaming to think I can also fit a sink! Are there any magicians willing to provide any advice on how I can make its work without looking too squished?

I just can't see your problem,there seems plenty of room for cooktop,ovens can go under bench with cooktop above or stacked on top of each other,once you have a island,the space against walls is much less important.

Thanks for that. I completely agree. I've just been advised that it may be quite cramped and not quite as functional.
I can’t see where your wall ovens will be located, but would something like these appeal to you to keep slightly more linear benchtop?

Related
3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum