Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Changing Benchtops after handover???

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I want to ask whether it is a wise idea to change all the benchtops in the wet areas from laminex to say caesarsone or granite after handover, or should I get it done by the builder.

Would it be cheaper to do it after handover than say if builder do it? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Changing tops after handover using independent people can be cheaper but if a builder is finisihng your house off for you he will also be putting the splashbacks on, glass or tile.

Since it is all brand new I would advise that you try and get your final top e.g. Caesarstone installed before your splashbacks go in, one way or the other.

Cheers,

Earl
Thanks Strumer for the information, can I ask whether it is a requirement to have the splashbacks in kitchen and bathrooms in order to get occupation certificate? Can I tell the builder to leave the splashbacks out?

Thanks any help is much appreciated.
Thats what I was thinking...
If your going to change it after handover then I wouldnt bother getting tiles done around it. Is it possible to have handover without any tops or splash back at all????????????
Then you can take your time and do what you want after

I thought the main requirements was to have the toilet and baths and stove plumbed for occupancy?
I hope splashbacks can be left - we want to do ours in glass & builder quoted around $1300 - we can arrange it ourselves for around $500
so don't want builder doing it.
Yeah hopefully the splashback is not a requirement to get occupancy certificate and can be left out to be done after handover, lets pray.
We've left the splashback for after handover. No probs.
What will happen is that you will get an INTERIM OCCUPATION CERTIFICATE in the meantime, which will allow you to move in.
Southies
We've left the splashback for after handover. No probs.
What will happen is that you will get an INTERIM OCCUPATION CERTIFICATE in the meantime, which will allow you to move in.

Thanks Southies for the info, you think the regulation in Victoria will be the same?? I hope so.
Sorry, don't know but hope it's the same for you
Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

5/09/2023
Changing a window to a door - DA vs complying development

General Discussion

Hi All, I'm new here! I'm in a block of 4 apartments (Waverley council) and looking to change a window to a sliding door. The window faces an enclosed garden (with a…

19/12/2023
Changing building certifiers mid-build

General Discussion

Hi all, I've received the unwelcome news that our certifier (BCA Certifiers) has merged into the McKenzie Group. A quick Google revealed McKenzie is the mob that…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum