Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

how to remove black silicon from edge of laminex?

Page 1 of 1
hi all

just had my old 40mm thick laminex benchtop replaced with a 30mm Quartz one.

Unfortunately there are still visible remnants of the black silicon beading on some side panels, from the old benchtop

PLease tell me what I could use to remove that black silicon (which seems to be in the 'pores' of the laminex?

Tried googling but no help.

Have tried fine sandpaper but that did nothing...

cheers

Satz
Tried taking to it with a razor blade?

Could try shelley's silicon remover.
satz
Have tried fine sandpaper but that did nothing...

Try some Metho.

Please don’t use sharp objects on laminate, you could be very sorry………………

If all else fails, ring a kitchen company they will tell you what product to use.
i used thinner to clean off silicon while it was still fairly wet. Not to sure how it works when it has been there a while.

Instead of having to buy thinner, try using nail polish remover it has the same chemical.
Have you tried Gumption? I use it on everything and it usually works a treat. You never know, it might be that easy.
hi all
tried some nail polish remover (my wife's, not mine!)
and that got rid of most of the black silicon remnants

Might get hold of some thinners and try that for the really stubborn bits...

cheers

Satz
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

4/11/2023
How to remove the security screen (A&L windows)?

Windows & Doors

You have no photo with your post. Best I can say is to remove an A&L flyscreen don't be afraid to distort the frame almost like a trapezium. It doesn't take a lot of…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum