Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Show me your kitchen...

Page 27 of 158
Loretta. . . your kitchen is my fave!
jodge
Loretta. . . your kitchen is my fave!

Awwww shucks Jo you are too kind
btw you really need to change your signature. . .surely you have handed over by now
benschke
Hi All,
Here is our kitchen. Work in progress.

We only took possession of the property in December & have repainted all bedrooms as well as replacing all carpets, doors & door handles in the bedrooms. New tiles have been laid in the remainder of the house; kitchen-dining-living area plus entrance & hallway. Existing evaporative A/C system has been removed & replaced with a ducted reverse cycle system.

We have knocked out the wall in the kitchen to open up the main living area & gutted the kitchen in preparation for the new kitchen which is almost finished but we are awaiting on a few touchups as well as the splashback. Since the new cabinets have gone in we have discovered that the window is not square & are now awaiting on a new window to be installed before we do anything behind the sink. We were going to install the same splashback behind the sink that is going behind the cooktop but I am now having second thoughts & might go with glass tiles of some sort instead??

Some before & during shots.... Apologies if there are too many pics

OK Folks. Unfortunately we are still not 100% done but we are almost there so I thought I would post some updated pics. Our electrician & painter are both 2 of my best mates so I have had to work in with them a bit in regards to getting the job done. And considering we are on mates rates (supposedly ??
) we haven't pushed them to get the work done either. So still to be done is a final coat on the ceiling. Window frame to be painted. The same colour splashback under the window & finally some Saturn powerpoints to be installed. Other than that I think we are there.

Oh & I must get the fridge levelled this weekend

Cheers.
Troy.
Wow Troy
nice transformation.....but you forget to tell us the colour of the splashback
suh
Wow Troy
nice transformation.....but you forget to tell us the colour of the splashback

Aahh Suh... If only I knew....
Inspired by your daughter's kitchen I was trying to achieve Java Dusk. Even after finding the suppliers details & website I couldn't convince our contractor to go with it as they were pretty set on only using the colours from their selected colour charts
This is half the reason why it has taken so long to finish the installation.

So after stewing over the decision for a week or two
I finally chose a colour which on paper looked to be pretty close to Java Dusk. It is actually an automotive colour, not sure of the name but the colour is from Citroen.

I don't think the pics do it justice as it looks like it has a tinge of purple or aubergine in it ?? What do you think ?? While I'm not 100% convinced of the colour I guess like yourself, the colour will grow on me? And as most probably do, it all depends on the time of day, light, angle, etc as to what the colour actually looks like.

BUT!!! My wife loves the colour so I guess I have done something right.
To all of our friends amazement, my wife has had no input into our decorating whatsoever. She is very indecisive & purposely left it all up to me. Although she did go out on a limb & said she preferred plain white cabinets...

I am keen on your feedback.
Troy.
I love it Troy
that's why I'm curious what colour it is
and I'm sure there will be others who want to know. It's a gorgeous colour, you did well matey
Very nice Troy!
Amazing job! Looks extremely nice! You must be stoked.
LOVE your splashback, plesae please find out the colour!
I'm trying hard to not want Glass because of the cost... but maybe I'll just have to find some extra $$$
Troy, great job on the whole reno. I love the the colour of the splashback and the lights above the island. Are you having the rest of the splashback in the glass as well or just behind the cooker?
Well, after spending much time looking at all your beautiful kitchens and sometimes thinking that maybe I should have put some more colour in, here is mine.

Still needs some more decorative thingy's. Really want a cast iron pot to sit on the stove, you know the coloured ones. Easy to find in red but doesn't really suit my scheme. Want one in aqua blue to match the dining/family area. If any of you watch "Huey's cooking show" on tv he used to have one in his older kitchen that is exactly what I am after. Shall keep looking.

pre floors

post floors but taken at night.

Should really get some better pics of it.
Seast that is GORGEOUS! And if you have Harris Scarfe in QLD check them for yur cast iron pot-they have them in blue, green,red and I have even seen pink.
Deemaree
Seast that is GORGEOUS! And if you have Harris Scarfe in QLD check them for yur cast iron pot-they have them in blue, green,red and I have even seen pink.

Thanks Deemaree, I am in love with it.

Not sure about the shop, will check it out.
Their web site: http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/ and also try http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/
and this : http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Coo ... -24cm-3-8L
I love the Bora Bora colour!
Beautiful kitchen seast
I love your tiled splashback and cupboard colour, it's all very easy on the eye
Mango
Troy, great job on the whole reno. I love the the colour of the splashback and the lights above the island. Are you having the rest of the splashback in the glass as well or just behind the cooker?

Yes we have decided to now. We were originally going to install glass finger tiles of some description but will now go with the same colour glass splashback. Because of our indecision is why they haven't both been installed at the same time. Hopefully all will be completed by next week.
seast
Deemaree

Thanks Deemaree, I am in love with it.

Not sure about the shop, will check it out.

Seast- Your kitchen is beautiful
I love the light fitting

In regards to Harris Scarfe, there is one in Brisbane at the Chermside Shopping Centre
Hi seast - beautiful kitchen - sent a pm - but will also post - Everton online is fantastic for low price Creuset and Chasseur and I think they have the aqua. Only $6,95 postage delivered in 2 days to the door. I have bought Creuset and Scanpans at great reductions for myself and daughters. Have a peep.
Cheers
Please advise on a colour for splashback, sorry bout the mess, will post some more later!

I did post this in another heading of pics of my kitchen....ignore the date on the pics havnt set that yet!
Benches are CS cashmere
Cupboards are a light stone....off white but not yellow!

Please let me know what you think......
Thanx
Brooke
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum