Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Show me your kitchen...

Page 154 of 158

Here's some though my house is not finished yet.
Thanks for sharing aloenyx.
I really like those tiles.

I noticed that you have the same looking scratch or mark on your cupboards and walls and wondered what happened there, but I wet my finger and gave the screen a rub and it was a grubby mark on my monitor. DUH!
Yay for this topic thread! Was so lost and confused about colours for kitchen, now I've found something I love!

Was worried about an all white kitchen being to stark, we were going to have a window splashback but have had to change builders and design, will be glass splashback. Thinking grey could work and with timber floors, won't be too cold looking.

Nice, Ezza78.
We're considering something like a white kitchen with a smokey grey glass splashback that goes all the way up behind the exposed range between the overhead cupboards. Still unsure about the floors.
rattleAU
Nice, Ezza78.
We're considering something like a white kitchen with a smokey grey glass splashback that goes all the way up behind the exposed range between the overhead cupboards. Still unsure about the floors.

Yeah I was looking at doing another colour for top cabinetry but at least white won't date. And grey is a pretty neutral colour, might find a warmer grey if possible. It's soooo hard!

A tip from my friend who fits cabinetry is to check your cabinets colour against wall colour (if also a tone of white) as it can make your kitchen look yellowish.

MollyMallooTSV

Molly, fab kitchen!!! What colour is your glass splashback?

Cabinets - Trying to decide between classic white sheen and polar white evolution gloss, 2nd more expensive. Island is frosty carrina, warm white with slight grey marble. Doing grey walls. I do want to kitchen to look bright but worry that polar white might be to stark? Doing black butt floors so will have a lot of warmth. Any advice?

Is there much difference between sheen and gloss? Apart from price?

Hi, how long is your island?
MollyTsv.
MollyMallooTSV

Hi, your kitchen is amazing. We are also building in Townsville just wondering how long the bench space around your stove is....thanks

little teaser of my new kitchen almost finished being installed
The story so far... delay on my stone!

Cabinetry on the walls in Dulux White on White. Island cabinetry Dulux Silkwort. Walls will be Dulux Brume 1/4, trims of doors, windows, skirting in White on White. Floors Quickstep Ultra Impressive in Sawcut Oak Grey... wanted the cooler look. Handles in Antique Brass, as I have a lot of Indian brasses to put around.

Kitchen lighting will be this... two matching single light wall sconces at either side of window.
Benchtops will be Bianco Drift by Caesarstone.

Bianco Drift...
Forgot splashback sample pic...
satin glass non reflective in silver grey...

My kitchen.
Thought I'd share 'finished' photos of my kitchen now.

looks great Aloenyx!
looks good Aloenyx, thanks for those pics. I have white cupboards, white tiles and white walls and was concerned might be to much white - even if all slightly different shades but your kitchen shows it can look good. I also now know where I will put my bin
We have bitten the bullet and decided to renovate kitchen.

Kitchen is being done by Creative-Kitchens (Smeaton Grange)

http://www.creative-kitchens.com.au

Here are some pictures from start to present

(Old Kitchen - sold for $1000)

(Removal)

(THE NEW)

(Ceasar Stone Bench Top)

Updates will follow as work progresses

Enjoying our Metricon Home.
Omg your house looks like an amazing display home! What a great kitchen and colour choices!!!

Ezza78
Omg your house looks like an amazing display home! What a great kitchen and colour choices!!!

Thank you
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

27/10/2023
Your most important inspection? Pre contract review.

General Discussion

The worst thing you can do is sign a building contract without a pre contract review. Over the years many people have come to me with disputes where they just signed…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum