Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Dulux ceiling paint opinions/ help

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had any problems with Dulux ceiling paint peeling?

I was going to buy a tin of the dulux trade ceiling paint from a friend for cheap as she had a tin unused left over from recently re painting.

However since speaking to a relative she has advised me not to use Dulux for ceiling paint as when they used it on a rental property and there own home it started to peel off the ceiling.

Anybody had this happen to them?

And is the Dulux trade paint different to the the normal Dulux paint?

It is a little awkward now as I already said I would buy the paint from her.

Also wanted to add that hubby said I shouldn't listen to them as it was probably the application or the batch of paint.
on recently painted area, unless the person has waterdown the paint, it will not be the paint that is the issue - more likely to be poor surface preparation or spread too thinnly that has caused the peeling
4walls
on recently painted area, unless the person has waterdown the paint, it will not be the paint that is the issue - more likely to be poor surface preparation or spread too thinnly that has caused the peeling

Agree.

I always use Dulux for everything!
Never had a complaint.
More like the painter than the paint IMO
Related
8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

26/10/2023
Queensland ceiling heights - help!

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

We bought a house in 2015 advertised as a 7/2/2, 4br up, 3br down (7br), and to date, it’s a great house. However, we’ve just had it valued and it’s come in as a…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum