Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Help finding exterior paint colour

Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm fairly new here. We are in the process of renovating our house and I'm having trouble choosing paint colours. What I'm after is a grey that has a greenish tinge to it. I don't want anything too dark either. I've tried quite a few Dulux colours such as Tranquil Retreat (way too pink), Dieskau (too mauve), Barron Gorge (a bit blue), Wombat Forest (too yellow). I see lots of houses around with a greenish grey but I can't seem to find a colour to match. I do have one of Dulux's new colours called Smiggins which I've tried at half strength. It's close, but a little too dark.

The link below has a picture of our house at the top and then below is kind of the colour we are after. http://onbecominginteresting.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/house-before-renovations.html

We are hoping to paint the weatherboards in the greenish grey and then have a much darker trim colour, something like Dulux Domino maybe but I'm not sure if that will be too dark. Also I know Domino has some red in it which I don't usually like. I paid a colour consultant to do our interior thinking I'd be able to work out the exterior myself, but I'm afraid it has beaten me.

I'm sure there must be an obvious choice out there for a fairly light, greenish grey, but I just can't find it. Our painters are using Dulux but I figure they can colour match if it's another brand.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks so much.
How about.....

Dulux Wistow

Dulux Juvenile

Both with a green base.
Thanks SO much Michelle. I had a look at Dulux in the colour atlas at those two colours. I really like Wistow but think it is just a little darker than I had in mind. But, seeing the row they are in on the Grey page is perfect as I can just choose a lighter shade. I actually think that Spanish Olive is exactly what I was after but perhaps it will be a bit light. I'll get a couple of sample pots and try them out. Thanks again, I feel like my problems are now solved.
I had a lot of trouble with my greys to begin with. They all looked blue and some too violet. We went with Colorbond colours in the end. Surfmist for inside walls, Shayle Grey 200% and Woodland grey for outside. I love how ours have come up.
Have you thought about Porters paints Taobelly? We just used them and I found the colours they have far softer and more elegant than the Dulux ones. They have a great range called Milk Paint I think? x
Porters paints have wonderful depth of colour - however the milk paint is not suitable for exteriors
How did you go taobelly
Related
12/12/2023
Finding an old tile - Beaumonts Alto Eggshell

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi Kateo, Are you able to spare any of the tiles? Thanks Tony

15/01/2024
Finding materials in stormwater drain

General Discussion

in the stormwater pit or the drain? Those dont look like theyd fit in the drain. Separately, the pits do get stuff in them during the course of the build. For the most…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum