Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Bath spout

Page 1 of 1
I have a your standard bath spout in my new house I am building and I want to no can I simply put a new fancy spot on it like the one below simply by unscrewing it and putting the new one in or is it a big job?

Really not sure. You could ask your builder to install it for you, however, they will charge you for it.
Most bath spouts do have a basic thread, the only thing you would have to be careful of is how far out of the wall the pipes (thread) comes, so that it allows for the spout to come far enough out over the bath.

Try unscrewing the existing one, and check to see if the thread is compatible, if they are, then you'll need to wrap some new thread tape around the pipe/thread coming out of the wall, and simply screw the new one on.
Can't half tell your a 'Plumbers Wife' Erin
Zarli
Can't half tell your a 'Plumbers Wife' Erin
That obvious?
Related
25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

26/11/2023
Frameless bath screen.

General Discussion

Thanks for the advise,much appreciatedđź‘Ť

13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum