Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Michelle can you pleeease help me??? Or anyone else? render?

Page 1 of 2
Please help me - Im a newbie but having been stalking this site for ages. I love all the input people have. I however, am utter useless with colour schemes etc.

we are currently building our own home & am in love with this facade:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/cute-curves/edison.png

So far I have choosen Bristle roof tiles in classic charcoal:
http://www.bristileroofing.com.au/Produ ... es/Classic
and the guttering we choose is in the colour monument.

My dilemma is the render color - Im after light cafe latte colour. So I saw a interior designer who suggested the render should be 'gentle touch' in dulux b/c the windows are white birch but I feel that 'gentle touch' is just too pale & lemony.

I was thinking of maybe 'self destruct'.

Does my render colour have to tie into my window colour (white birch). The interior designer said I need to be careful with light brown colours b/c of my windows being 'white birch'.

Can someone help me. pretty please???
Hi, I am also having trouble poicking render colours but if you have white windows and a charcoal roof then im not sure that a latte coulour would match at all. What about a light grey?
Hi!

We have a very similar facade...

We are using two dulux colours - I would upload the images but I can't seem too!

We are using a colour called toffee fingers for the facade - It's a very warm coffee looking colour - It appears quite dark on the dulux colour chart, however we bought a sample pot and trialled it and it comes up fairly light.

We are also using another colour in the same family called sea elephant - much darker - chocolatey type colour which we are using on the portico.

I hope that is of some help

Lex
Oops! I missed the part about your windows...

It depends on what look you are going for with your facade.

If you want the windows to draw attention and 'frame' the windows - Then a colour that ties in with your roof or fascia and gutter would look good.

Our roof is gunmetal with woodland grey gutter & fascia. Monument is a great colour but depending on who you're building with, can be hard to get a window frame colour that is similar!

I found it useful to chose my roof & render first (and brick if applicable) then choose the rest.
Hi everyone,I like your exterior colours, Hubby picked ours or sort of I toned them down,so far he hasn't noticed. Our roof tiles are monument,garage door is monument,front render is solver cape horn and have chosen shiraz on feature wall and front door.Anyone else used a similar colour to shiraz on feature walls,its a dusty purple/pink
bendo
What about a light grey?

Problem with that is it all starts to look too grey and neutral. But some people may like that. Horses for courses.
Hi, just found the thread sorry!
I’ll have a look later for you, if I forget, remind me.
thanks.

im thinking of playing it safe & perhaps going for something like paperbark? Oh god this is so hard
chi chi
Please help me - Im a newbie but having been stalking this site for ages. I love all the input people have. I however, am utter useless with colour schemes etc.

we are currently building our own home & am in love with this facade:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/cute-curves/edison.png

So far I have choosen Bristle roof tiles in classic charcoal:
http://www.bristileroofing.com.au/Produ ... es/Classic
and the guttering we choose is in the colour monument.

My dilemma is the render color - Im after light cafe latte colour. So I saw a interior designer who suggested the render should be 'gentle touch' in dulux b/c the windows are white birch but I feel that 'gentle touch' is just too pale & lemony.

I was thinking of maybe 'self destruct'.

Does my render colour have to tie into my window colour (white birch). The interior designer said I need to be careful with light brown colours b/c of my windows being 'white birch'.

Can someone help me. pretty please???

Gentle Touch

Dulux Beach Woods

Dulux Camel Train

White Birch

I see no problem here.....
Remember…your windows play a small roll in the visuals of your exterior.
Hi chi chi I think your colours will look nice
I love the facade you've posted. That was the Henley Monterey on display at Mernda... that's since been closed down.

We chose similar colours to that...

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/aaron4erin/porticoDSC_0235.jpg

Main render: Burma Buff
Portico render: Mountain Shadow
Facia/gutters: Monument
thank you so much Michelle - I really like the 'gentle touch'. I'm going to go sometime this week & get some sample pots.

Michelle, sorry to hassle you with another questions but if I choose something like gentle touch then what colour should i do bricks that stick out (does that make sense!) I wanted to go for a lighter shade. Can i go for half strength in gentle touch?

Erin - the front of your house is gorgeous.
What colour is your garage door?
I havent even thought of our garage door???
any advice on which way I should go? wooden??
What did your colour consultant say?
I only like to use timber or timber looks if there are other elements of timber on the façade. So have you worked out your front door yet?
sorry guys, started my own topic..
melc500, so as not to hijack an already exciting thread, can you copy and past this down in the decorating forum? This way you have your own thread
Michelle
What did your colour consultant say?
I only like to use timber or timber looks if there are other elements of timber on the façade. So have you worked out your front door yet?

no other timber is being used. all our windows are aluminum (in white birch). I didnt think timber garage doors would suit our house. I have no idea about garage doors but thought their colour range was limited. I need to do more research.

Dont freak out as it wont look like the pic below but we will be having one door (not double) all glass (clear) with wrought iron (we're choosing something simple not too ornate). the door frame we think will be painted white birch to match our windows.

Im too scared to ask...but what do you think? the good news is if the door sticks out like an eye sore there is a balcony that it will sort of hide it LOL

Agggh I told you I was hopeless at this stuff. the thing is we've been married a long time & this is our dream/forever house. Our first house was a tiny dump so we'd really like to get this right.
I suggest the closest colour to white birch for your garage doors. In Colorbond
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum