Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Horizontal Dune colorbond cladding - Vertical ?? Cladding

Page 1 of 1
Horizontal Dune cladding decided....we started doing it this weekend, YAY!

But above/below windows and above doors???

Our thoughts so far:

Axon, or similar vertical groove cladding, painted in ?? colour
Dune Cladding Vetical
No idea at all.

Eaves, windows, doors, surrounds - White
Capping - surfmist
Deck - will probably be stained a dark grey/charcoal once we get it laid (waiting on plumber).

Boys choice of curtains will be hidden with white roller blind

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Thanks.
Hi Robbo3,

Your place looks great so far!
Personally, if it was me, I would steer away from doing the colorbond vertically.
I would either go for the same as you already have, or better still go for the axon.

We have done our place with Render and Stria (which I think is similar to Axon) - here is a pic...

I love the look of the boards - but I am biased I suppose....

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks Moogles. Your house does look great!

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what what will look good, but not to busy!

I like the Axon but it is such a narrow board (groove spacing)...http://scyon.com.au/axon.html.

The Stria looks nice but I think DH is convinced about having vertical to contrast with the horizontal CB.

I personally am one of those people that likes to try before I jump in but with cladding it is a bit hard. Can't buy random sheets of stuff to hold up on the wall, lol.

Then there is painting as well....I told DH just to do the whole house in CB horizontally lol, too late for that now will all the money spent on angles etc.
Oooh the Axon does look nice, stunning in fact!

I honestly (IMO) think the Axon would look good either horizontally or vertically - it would definitely add interest!
With the colourbond you have used you could use a multitude of colours for the axon and it would look great - maybe you should put your original post in "Michelles decorating Lounge" as well for some colour ideas!! There are a lot of people with great eyes for colour around!

Keep us posted - will be great to know what you decide to go with!!!
Pics too please!!!
Related
16/07/2023
Elevated House - can these horizontal beams be removed?

General Discussion

yes they don’t hold up the house

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum