Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Dulux Lexicon - anyone used this recently?

Page 2 of 2
Hi Tamara,

sounds like you have excellent taste too
Our main floor tiles are a light greyish/neutral colour, our bathroom/ensuite tiles are a darker grey, and we have grey & charcoal glass feature tiles in our ensuite with glass feature tiles in our kids' bathroom too but with a hint of colour in them (grey/brown & aqua blue). Didn't end up finding any charcoal carpet at our local floor covering store and because I couldn't be bothered going out of town to find something (and time is running out) we've chosen a lovely black carpet. Hoping its not too harsh but I think it should be fine. I absolutely love the pattern in the carpet pile, and best of all its one of those that wont show the vacuum tracks.

Anyway, our kitchen is also white - Caesarstone "Nougat" benchtops with White gloss doors that have a hint of sparkle/shimmer to them (colour is Galaxy Pearl Gloss from FlexiPress). Its all being put together on the weekend so I'll be able to tell you whether the walls look blue. At this stage I don't think they will because we picked up the doors this afternoon and have them all stacked inside near the walls and no blue tinge it seems. I'm so glad we did the final coat of paint in Lexicon 1/2 though. If you're going Lexicon 1/4 you should be absolutely fine.
girlonamission
Hi Tamara,

sounds like you have excellent taste too
Our main floor tiles are a light greyish/neutral colour, our bathroom/ensuite tiles are a darker grey, and we have grey & charcoal glass feature tiles in our ensuite with glass feature tiles in our kids' bathroom too but with a hint of colour in them (grey/brown & aqua blue). Didn't end up finding any charcoal carpet at our local floor covering store and because I couldn't be bothered going out of town to find something (and time is running out) we've chosen a lovely black carpet. Hoping its not too harsh but I think it should be fine. I absolutely love the pattern in the carpet pile, and best of all its one of those that wont show the vacuum tracks.

Anyway, our kitchen is also white - Caesarstone "Nougat" benchtops with White gloss doors that have a hint of sparkle/shimmer to them (colour is Galaxy Pearl Gloss from FlexiPress). Its all being put together on the weekend so I'll be able to tell you whether the walls look blue. At this stage I don't think they will because we picked up the doors this afternoon and have them all stacked inside near the walls and no blue tinge it seems. I'm so glad we did the final coat of paint in Lexicon 1/2 though. If you're going Lexicon 1/4 you should be absolutely fine.

I think we will be fine too, but I still worry because I can't visualise it lol. Can't wait to see your house. We have floor to ceiling charcoal tiles in the ensuite with mirror mosaic feature tiles, The kids have charcoal cupboards with ice snow ceasar stone with silver listello feature tiles. Can't wait to see what it all looks like
Wow Tamara, that is going to look AWESOME!! Can't wait to see some pics too!
girlonamission
Wow Tamara, that is going to look AWESOME!! Can't wait to see some pics too!

We should see it take shape over the next couple of weeks. Kitchen is scheduled for the end of next week then the tiler then the painter after that
Hi,
I know it's a few years since this thread was current, but I am now at the stage of choosing a paint colour and after discussing wanting a white throughout the entire house with our painter he has told me he doesn't think Lexicon is appropriate and I need to choose something with more colour. Can anyone tell me how their paint has lasted?

I too have a gloss white kitchen with grey ceaserstone top, so certainly don't want any hints of blue.

Hi Sher96,

I too have been looking for a paint colour, wanted a white but on the grey side as my kitchen will have grey tones. I have researched till I can't research anymore and have come up with Taubmans Zurich White. I got a sample pot and it's a really lovely colour, thought you may like it too. If you want to have a look at the colour you can go to www.thehousethata-mbuilt.com

Hope this helps
As I've said before, Lexicon is a unique colour (and a great color). It's (the only?) colour made by just adding black to white paint, so it's neutral.

Let your furnishing create the colours you want off a neutral base.
sher96
Hi,
I know it's a few years since this thread was current, but I am now at the stage of choosing a paint colour and after discussing wanting a white throughout the entire house with our painter he has told me he doesn't think Lexicon is appropriate and I need to choose something with more colour. Can anyone tell me how their paint has lasted?

I too have a gloss white kitchen with grey ceaserstone top, so certainly don't want any hints of blue.

Hi, almost finished with our build. We have gone with lexicon 1/4 strength on all our walls and skirtings... everything. Looks great and makes room feel bright and big! My office at work also used lexicon 1/4 which I quite liked. Didn't know that till after I already picked my colors!
Hi my friends new home throws a fair bit of blue. I think her Lexicon is full strength. The dulux Facebook page is really good. Just post your question and one of the colour consultants will answer.
We had lexicon full in our last house with white gloss and white ceiling.

I didn't see the blue but a lady who wa building with same builder came to look during painting and said it was too blue and she didn't like it.

It did feel more of a cooler neutral but always got positive comments about it from visitors.

Here it is in pictures

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/House2/house13_zps502f5da5.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/njectme/House2/house5_zps348e30af.jpg
One thing I will add is we went cool white lights throughout that were fluorescent. I think if we had gone warm white would habe softened.
girlonamission
Hi all,

our new house is currently being painted with Lexicon and I could nearly cry because its not at all what I was hoping for. Its throwing way too much blue and just doesn't have that slight grey tone I was expecting. AFter much googling yesterday I've discovered this can happen with whites that are tinted with black. Wish I would've done my homework first before going with Lexicon!!
It looked lovely on the little paint chip we got, but a whole house filled with it just isn't working the way I imagined it would.

Its only had 1 coat, is it likely this blue will "settle down" after it has its final coat? If not, is there anything we could possibly do with the remaining paint to tone this down or whatever before applying the second coat? I know nothing about paint (obviously!) so please forgive me if my questions seem silly. I don't trust the advice of the paint rep we have been dealing with, even though he is a friend of my husbands and has worked in paint for years, any advice he's given or questions he's answered haven't really been on the ball if you ask me. Unfortunately thats the problem when you deal with "mates". You're stuck between trying to be nice and keep the peace, and trying to be 100% happy with the choices you make based on advice you're given.

One thing is I know even though we chose a dulux colour, he uses Solver base paint. Would this make a difference? Hubby says no because they still mix it up using the correct code...but I'm not so sure.

Here are some pics of what its looking like so far...I realise light/shade make all the difference when we're dealing with whites and yesterday when I took these pics it was a shady overcast kind of day. So I'm hoping on a nice bright sunny day when all our furniture is in things might not seem so bad....but I'm not expecting much considering it was bright and sunny on Friday when I first saw it. Its an expensive mistake to make when I'm going to have to look at these walls for the next however many years it will be before we can afford to repaint it

Edited: ok, so clearly I can't figure out how to attach pics properly either
I'll keep working on that...

Hi all,

I am in the same boat as you all are. I have listened to the advice of my painter and went with Dulux Lexicon. It got painted end of 2021. I regret it so much as it is easily marked. Every time I touch the wall I have marks which I can't get rid off, despite using selleys sugar soap wipes etc. I will have to paint my house again next year as it looks terrible. I have used Haymes on the outside and I can water blast the paint and have no issues.
I wouldn't recommend Dulux to anyone as it doesn't deliver the quality you would expect.
BTW the painter said to me at the time he is using the same paint on his newly build home. I saw him last week and he said, he painted his 5 times so far in the last 1.5 years. He was telling me that this is normal
. I disagree
Related
19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

14/04/2024
Anyone recently put in a new shower with bench seat?

Bathrooms and Laundry

I’m loving the potential versatility and practicality of a bench seat in a shower. Anyone had one of these done recently? Not sure if they are straight forward and easy…

26/07/2023
Builder used the wrong concrete mix

Building A New House

there is only 20% difference in concrete strength between 20 mpa and 25 mpa, so check with your engineer first if it fits his calculation tolerances. There are ways to…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum