Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Leaking walls

Page 1 of 1
We live on the West coast where severe winter storms and strong wind and rain is common. Over the past few years, water has been leaking into the second storey brick cavity and getting into the house, wetting the carpets and damaging the hard plastered walls.
The water is definitely not getting into through the roof (flat Colourbond with flashed parapet walls) as there is no damage to the ceilings. We have tried everything to stop the leaks but have been unable to find the source. I should mention that there are rollershutters installed which stop the rain hitting the windows and doors.
Has anybody had a similar problem and managed to solve it?
You could try application of clear waterproofer on the brickwork
building-expert
You could try application of clear waterproofer on the brickwork

OK thanks for that. The walls are painted with two coats of a good quality acrylic paint but I will check to see if it's possible to paint the waterproofer over the paint and then apply another coat of paint over the top of that.
Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

20/05/2024
Detect leaking pvc pipe undergound

Renovation + Home Improvement

My first suspect area is at the bottom of the harvested downpipe furthest from the tank. PVC downpipes expand and contract with heat and cold, putting pressure on the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum