Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Custom joist hangers

Page 1 of 1
Hi there. Does anyone know where to source custom/decorative joist hangers? we are building a extension with a loft ceiling with exposed beams and would much prefer black or more decorative joist hangers to suit the build. I have found plenty of overseas suppliers but nothing in Australia. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jude.
Hi There

How I would get this sorted would be to find a steel fabrication company.
I would supply the fabricator with a scale drawing of the joist hanger along with diamensions. Make sure the hangers will fit the joist nice and have enough room for the fasteners required ensuring your meeting structural requirements. Double check with an engineer . Then get them powder coated.
Goodluck
Related
18/10/2023
Bathroom door hangers

Bathrooms and Laundry

I was in a similar situation needing to attach hangers to a hollow bathroom door. I just bought the stick on type with a larger surface area base and used good double…

4/08/2023
Floor Joist direction given by Structural Engineering

Owner Builder Forum

Assuming you've modelled the TB8, TB10, TB12, TB2 & J1 joists/LVLs there, it appears as per drawing to me. There maybe should be an additional J1 between TB10 and T12 if…

26/09/2023
Deck joist, bearer and posts

Outdoor Living

Seconded; we just used these last weekend to build a small deck. They worked perfectly as we have bluestone in the area where we wanted to build so digging down was not…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum