Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Made it to Canada

Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

As some of you know, my wife and I were planning to live in Canada for 12 months - well for those that are interested, we made it!

Got here a couple of days ago via a glorious week in Fiji

Everything is pretty much like Australia, but in an alternate universe - they have the same shops and items, just with different names, and they drive on the other side of the road (I've yet to give that a go!)

The biggest difference is in the style of homes - everything is made out of wood here, with some apartment buildings in the new insulated concrete type stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that and I will still be keeping an eye on the forums
Wooo Hoo!!!

Send pics!

Good luck and keep in touch.
Oh Fiji sounds nice !!

Have fun in Canada muzzman
the houses sound interesting post some pics if you find time
Yes photos will be very nice

Have fun over there - make the most of it.
Which part of Canada are you in? The English or French speaking part?
Hope you have an awesome time there
Whereabouts in Canada are you? I lived in Montreal for 3 years when I was a kid. Hopefully I'll get back there one day. I hope you're having a great time.

Judie
stonecutter1309
Which part of Canada are you in? The English or French speaking part?

Cant you tell by the accent???
We are living in Victoria, Vancouver Island (so from one Victoria to another
)

It's a beautiful place - every road is the scenic route!

I will definitely post some photos when I get the chance
Get onto the Canucks asap. I worked at Big White (interior BC) for two seasons and love Canada like a second home. Still a massive Canuck (NHL) fan to this day, (No.6 Sami Salo he's my fav). Team 1040 for radio of games, and Dan Russell's sports radio show each night on CKNW is good also.

Canucks.com have a very popular forum with many Aussie Canuck fans on there. I'm soda there as well.

You are very lucky, wish I was there to watch the 'white' arrive shortly, do you have a spare room
Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

21/12/2023
Brass or Stainless steel made tap for Kitchen

Bathrooms and Laundry

Brass or 2) Stainless steel made - which Kitchen tap is good for drinking.Brass kitchen taps in Australia contain lead…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum