Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Taps: Kitchen/Bathroom Does It Matter?

Page 1 of 1
All our plumbing fixtures are from Reece with our package supplying the Mizu Soothe Sink Mixer. We have upgraded our sink to a square sink (with rounded corners, not sharp ones) so in keeping with the shape asked to switch to the Mizu Bloc. On the Reece site its under kitchen tapware but the actual discription says its a basin tap. I've 'googled' it and it only comes up as a bathroom tap. Is there any significant difference between a kitchen mixer and a bathroom mixer? Does it really matter what room it goes into? It certainly looks like a kitchen tap to me.
The only difference I'm aware of, is generally sink mixers are 5 star wels rated and basin mixers are 4 star. Theres no reason you can't use it as a sink mixer if you wanted to...worse case pull out the restrictor in it
And also the length of the spout. Basins are normally shorter
Not a big fan of the Mizu Block.

We have got this mixer in the bathroom and it always looks dirty because water splashes pool on the flat top surface and picks up dust or soap as it dries.

there are some more thoughts on basins and taps here: http://anewhouse.com.au/2015/09/six-tho ... in-choice/
Went back into Reece this morning to have another look at the tap and it certainly looks like it would suit in the kitchen. This is the one I'm talking about: http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/produ ... er-9503680
Related
25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum