Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Painting Render...

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys

We just recently built a new house, we had the house rendered… the render with paint colour already mixed in it (white) as the house sat for a while, while it was getting built, the white turned brown….

So we are getting the house painted, the painters are using Dulux weather shield… They have done 3 quotes so far, but i can still see the roller marks in some areas… what is the best way to minimise or get rid of the roller lines/marks… more coats?
What colour is it being painted? You shouldn't be able to see the marks if they are doing it properly.

I agree. It sounds like they have maybe watered the paint down too much or it is a case of lack of care when they've used the roller.

Stewie
Some colours need to be done one wall at a time & FAST to avoid uneven dried finish.

If it's being applied correctly i'd be contacting Dulux & having them send a rep out to take a look..
Thanks for the reply guys, its Dulux Shale Grey…. and in some areas I can see where they have cut in...
I have Dulux Shale Grey and I too can see some roller marks, but not extremely noticeable so am living with it for now. Inside paint job I am getting rectified though
Jason007
Thanks for the reply guys, its Dulux Shale Grey…. and in some areas I can see where they have cut in...

What did the painter say about it ?
To avoid roller marks each wall must be painted (including cutting in) whilst the wall is in shade.
That is what I learnt (the hard way) on my build. I started painting over the Christmas/New Year break i.e. mid summer and had to repaint the entire house, inside and out once it cooled down a bit.
rocksteady
Jason007

They said they would try and fix it but also blamed a bit of the render work??
Jason007
rocksteady
Jason007

They said they would try and fix it but also blamed a bit of the render work??

Sometimes you need to sweep away the loose sand but once you seal it (bondcrete) it's out of the renderers hands, unless chunks of render are falling off or the surface is not flat, they have done their job & cant be blamed!
Related
14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

6/04/2024
Painting help please

General Discussion

Thanks will do.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum