Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Low Pressure gravity rooftop fed HWS, best solution?

Page 1 of 1
I jut moved in a single storey home that equipped a fully electric gravity fed rooftop hot water system from the early 1970s.

It still works well, but provides extremely low hot water pressure and is basically unusable for doing the dishes or having a shower.

What is the easiest way to increase the water pressure from the tanks on the roofs to all the taps/hotwater tanks in the house?

I know a new HWS would do, but i'm tight on budget. Any help greatly apreciated....cheers
There are several small pumps sold for exactly that purpose.
Hi Arthurx,

Yes, we've worked similar systems before.

Basically you are using the weight of the water in the tank to push the hot water out of the tap. If you want any real pressure you do need to replace the entire system, but yes SaveH2O is correct there are options to increase the water pressure. The hot water booster pumps usually only increase pressure by 100 kpa which is minimal. Most options on the market don't have a pressure switch to turn the pump on when you open a tap or can't handle the heat.

I hope that helps.
thanks guys much appreciated
Related
6/06/2024
New home build: Heat pump HWS instead of Rainwater tank

Building A New House

Also at the bottom of page 4... ...and from 28 November 2023 a heat pump water heater, gas boosted solar water heater or electric boosted solar water heater can be…

13/01/2024
Bidet - RPZ (Reduced Pressure Zone) valve

Bathrooms and Laundry

First time building 2 storey home, is under construction (in Framing stage) in NSW. I have 3 toilets and need bidet spray in…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum