Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Ariston Washing Machine

Page 1 of 1
Not sure whether this is the right place but would love it if someone could offer advice.

We were planning to buy a new washing machine when we moved into our new place at the end of the year but our current one packed it in so we brought the purchase forward. We went to Harvey Norman and the guy reccommended an Ariston Front Loader. Went on about how it's built in Italy, while everything else around the same place is built in China/Thailand. After checking out some other stores we ended up going back and buying the Ariston for $800 delivered. When I got home I checked the web and have found some mixed reviews about this brand. Actually according to one review I read, Ariston are actually owned by Harvey Norman.

Just wondering whether anyone has had a good/bad experience with this brand. I'm thinking maybe I'll go back and choose something else.
when I was shopping for a new washer/dryer I saw this brand in hardly normal & then checked on line & elected stay clear clear of them due to all the problems I read. Hardly normal will push the sale towards them as yes they do own them. I ended up buying a LG (which I normally refuse to buy this brand) but it was a steam washer dryer & it's fantastic. 2 years warranty & also purchased another 3 years extended warranty,just to be safe.
Try the dishwasher user's forum

http://www.myshopping.com.au/CG--280_Dishwashers
Hi, we've had an Ariston front loader for more than eight years and it's been fine...

Wanted to purchase a Miele but they were too expensive!

Had good green specs and one of the highest spin speeds around... Only the Miele was better! Sorry, don't want to sound like a Miele salesperson!!!

We did require a service call just out of warranty... I think it was five years! So I guess that was five years trouble free... That's been the only trouble!

It's currently in storage, as we build our new house, so hasn't been used for over a year... Will be interesting to see if it works ok when it gets brought back to life!

Cheers,
A
we had an ariston front loader from harvey norman(didnt know they owned them) it lasted 2 years was noisy and the seal went mouldy (didnt know you had to leave door open after a cycle to allow machine to cool down and steam to evaporate) the warranty was out so rang a guy told him problem he said buy a new machine its cheaper. we only paid $550.00 back then but we have gone back to a top loader an lg fuzzy logic we have only had it about 4 weeks but its so quiet im always checking if its still going and a feature ive never really thought about before but absolutely love now is it has a lcd timer display so u know exactly when a load is going to finish makes life easier if you need to go out u know exactly how long till the washing ends.
Hi

Didn't know Hardly Normal owned Ariston!

We've had our Ariston front loader for approx 12 months and I absoluely love it.

Had a S!7ps@n front loader prior to that and quite frankly it was the pits. First wash in the Ariston and stains that I'd tried and tried to remove with everything under the sun with the other machine, suddenly vanished in the first wash in the Ariston.

Can't speak highly enough of it.
We have had it for nearly two years , Great machine, we have other Ariston products, good service
Related
2/04/2024
Extending Washing Machine Hose

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hey all Currently renovating our laundry, bought a new washing machine but have found that the drainage hose is alot shorter than the old machine (which I used to get the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum