Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

Page 1 of 1
I'm no builder, but the way this part of my roof (see photos below) has been finished doesn't look right to me, surely there should be a flashing, more overhang or something, looks very exposed to the weather and rain water to me.

Is this done to code, any PoV would be much welcomed.

Best,
Mika

the minimum overhang depemds on a number of factors, like climate region, material, gutter size and roof pitch ( i think). But just looking that the pictures, it doesnt look compliant and in some places it doesnt look like the turn down even covers the opening.
Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib ends should be capped or how will you stop mice coming in? Yes workmanship problems.
Related
21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

2/05/2024
Advice getting concrete tile roof pressure washed

General Discussion

Hi all, My concrete tile roof (pictured here: https://imgur.com/a/d2GiHJH) over the last 5 years has gotten to the point it needs a clean. Unsure why previous owner…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum