Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Internal doors (CSD or Hinged)

Page 1 of 1
hi everyone, i'm looking for some advice on what to do with 3 sets of internal doors. the Lounge, Theatre and Study. I'm close to contract signing for my build and am feeling a bit unsure about what's the best option between hinged and cavity sliding.

one of my concerns with hinges is that my builder is not using 180 degree hinges so I feel like the doors will just be in the way when they're opened and they don't provide it as an option. for this reason, I am thinking if a CSD is better. alternatively, I am unsure if it is fairly easy to change the hinges to 180 degree hinges after handover in which case i could go down that route if its better than CSD.

Also, they've put the study door in the middle of the wall, I am thinking if it will look nicer to make that also a double door (hinged or sliding) or to move it towards the end of the wall just before the partitioning between study and lounge.

below is a pic of the floor plan with measurements

You need parliament hinges to clear architraves. I've only ever fitted 100mm brass ones, not sure if they come in chrome or black etc. They are a square corner hinge so you might have to fo a little chisel work and fettling but no problem to fit up.
Depending on the style if your house you could go barn doors?
As per Ardo above re the parliament hinges but I have seen them in chrome as well. You may have to do a bit of hunting online to find them though.

Stewie
Related
26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

3/02/2024
Flush Internal Doors

General Discussion

Okay, then the choice is really about the build quality of the door itself which means the brand name. Sorry I can't recommend one or the other so best to rely on comments…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum