Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Cost of 1 extra ensuite

Page 1 of 1
Dear all, for a new build, within the same house footprint, how much would 1 extra ensuite (~4-4.5 m2, mid-range finish) likely cost? I mean, without changing the total area build, if I ask for 1 more ensuite bathroom, how much $$ extra would be a reasonable charge from the builder. Anh the other way around, what if I take out one ensuite bathroom, will the builder usually deduct the same amount? Any sharing or a rough estimate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone!
I don't have much experience, but I have been quoted a $5k credit to turn an ensuite into a WIR and a cost of $3500 to add a shower into a powder room (cutting into a different WIR)

So I would guess somewhere around 15-20k including tiling etc
htn2021
Dear all, for a new build, within the same house footprint, how much would 1 extra ensuite (~4-4.5 m2, mid-range finish) likely cost? I mean, without changing the total area build, if I ask for 1 more ensuite bathroom, how much $$ extra would be a reasonable charge from the builder. Anh the other way around, what if I take out one ensuite bathroom, will the builder usually deduct the same amount? Any sharing or a rough estimate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

htn2021

approximate quick breakdown:

Waterproofing - $400

Tiling (including Screeding and installation) - $4500

Fixtures and Fittings - $3500

Shower Screen - $1000

Electrical - $1500

Vanity - $800

Builders margin - 20%

Total = $14,040 so budget $15,000.
Thank you diepiggy and Ashington Homes for the very helpful information. I checked also many posts from Ashington Homes and was grateful for the generosity of sharing the costs and information, not just this one, but also many other posts.
Related
26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

26/01/2024
Ensuite window on facade:is opaque glass mandatory?

Windows & Doors

ecoeco. tried to send a PM to you but it just sits in my outbox. Can you PM me?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum