Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Driveway standards and issues.

Page 3 of 3
So, I got out the dumpy and shot a few levels. The new crossover , layback and drive will be a carbon copy of what we already have. Pretty easy to see why as the drive is only being moved about 1500mm down the road. We have a Corolla and friends have similar small sedans. None of them bottom out and we aren't anticipating buying a Ferrari or Bugatti Veyron anytime soon.
Maybe you can bring around your Hummer moudzj and try it out just to be sure.

Stewie
Stewie D
So, I got out the dumpy and shot a few levels. The new crossover , layback and drive will be a carbon copy of what we already have. Pretty easy to see why as the drive is only being moved about 1500mm down the road. We have a Corolla and friends have similar small sedans. None of them bottom out and we aren't anticipating buying a Ferrari or Bugatti Veyron anytime soon.
Maybe you can bring around your Hummer moudzj and try it out just to be sure.

Stewie

Stewie - I genuinely respect you and appreciate your presence, and the subsequent experience you bring to this forum. No BS.

In this case though - I dont see why you continue to argue the driveway where it doesnt comply with AS. Its as simply as that. How would this conversation be had if we had opposite opinions right now? We all seem to like being by the book until it doesnt suit us. Furthermore - the driveway issue I mentioned in the drawing is scraping, not bottoming out. The AS 2890 scraping provisions are justified via the B85 car model which has quite a long nose, hence the scraping provision. I dont care whether your car, or you friend cars can make it up or not without scraping - I only mention AS compliance, and I frankly dont care whether a deviation means you may or may not have an issue or not.

If you would like a copy of the code, please DM me and id be happy to send a PDF thru to you so you can study it for another couple weeks - but I assue you that you will come to the same conclusion that I have.

I really dont get it Stewie...

Hopefully you can see where im coming from, because I definitely see where you are coming from, my friend.
has anyone looked at approved drawings to see if the driveway is conformant?
building-expert
has anyone looked at approved drawings to see if the driveway is conformant?

I dont think there was an approved driveway profile for OP
house elevations should show driveway profile
Don't get me wrong Moudzj. I appreciate anyones input into this forum like you especially the ones who are either in the building trade as tradies or pro's working in an office. I also take your point regarding the slope.
Our driveway is still a long way off. We still have the excavator here with either the big hammer or the diamond saw going. My drawing was submitted as part of our DA and is just so the council, the engineer and the certifier can see what we are doing as part of the councils requirements. It wouldn't be the first time a council inspector has told me that the drawings are really just a guide, every site is different and that the guidelines can be modified to suit. We have already modified the basement slab slightly and will be doing the same for the suspended ground floor slab. Just shifting a few walls to allow both better access or more storage etc. I'd imagine we will do the same for some of the site works like the driveway too.

Stewie
Related
10/10/2023
Waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

Does this look right for the laundry?

23/04/2024
Current bathroom waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

We are having a bathroom reddone. The builders are putting down two coats of waterproofing and then screed and then another coat of waterproofing. This is what I have been…

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum