Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Ladies and Gents, step right up! Mernda & Doreen Residents

Page 198 of 202
http://www.internode.on.net/residential ... /coverage/
http://www.devotednbn.com.au/index.php? ... reenfields

It says stage 8B, 14, 15, 38, and 39 are now live!
kek
That must be for preliminary infrastructure work or something, Buttercup.

The NBN is only being rolled out to South Morang and Brunswick in the metro area in Stage 2, with Ballarat & Bacchus Marsh outside Melbourne. Tullamarine has just been added as the next area. Other suburbs In the one year rollout are all on the list I linked to.

They expect it to take 10 years to do the whole country.

Got a letter from stockland the other day saying the NBN is now ready for service.
warning...don't read if you're eating...
Our drama yesterday. All the drains in the house gurgling...overflow in the backyard spewing lots of nasty stuff all over back path and in yard (yes..toilet paper & human fertiliser
)...plumber came and realised it was Yarra Valley street mains...He opened up main outlet at front of house and stuff spewed for ages all down my garden, over footpath, onto road etc - at least not in our backyard anymore...Yarra Valley come within the hour to unblock drain and he shovelled/hosed our backyard.

Apparently a retic. drain up the hill caved in a few weeks ago due to building works. Plumber thinks sediment got in the drain and blocked it up. Because we are the closest house to the drain and at the bottom of the hill...we had *everyone's* stuff coming in to our back yard
Nothing to stop this from happening again. What would the state of the backyard be if I wasn't home? OMG not worth thinking about. I repeat...would anyone like to buy a house? Give you mates rates
...I'm never building at the bottom of a hill again!
Oh. My GOD.
We are at the bottom of a hill Rowena, yuk. Our water is green at the moment, the whole of Doreen, Mernda, ect.... as they changed the Reservoirs. I had the guy from Yarra Valley Water out here last week, to test the water and he said that they will be changing it back in a few weeks. They know there's a problem, but it's safe to drink. We are not drinking it that's for sure, if you run the water into the bath it's a green color but in a glass it looks clear. He said the Reservoir they are using now, the water there does not get filtered. mmm, but it's safe. I think most people in Doreen are drinking bottled water at the moment. Some people are saying that there water is ok, but he assures me we are all drinking the water from the same Reservoir.
Deb that's awful. I hadn't noticed any difference to ours, but then I haven't had a bath for some time and the drinking water is clear. I agree with you, green isn't a nature colour. I trust they tested it and it doesn't have algae in it. I hope they fix it soon.
deb17
Our water is green at the moment, the whole of Doreen, Mernda, ect.... as they changed the Reservoirs. I had the guy from Yarra Valley Water out here last week, to test the water and he said that they will be changing it back in a few weeks. They know there's a problem, but it's safe to drink. We are not drinking it that's for sure, if you run the water into the bath it's a green color but in a glass it looks clear. He said the Reservoir they are using now, the water there does not get filtered. mmm, but it's safe. I think most people in Doreen are drinking bottled water at the moment. Some people are saying that there water is ok, but he assures me we are all drinking the water from the same Reservoir.

We've lived in the area since 1986 and every year our water used to go brown for a time when they switched us over to Yan Yean (most of the year our water would come from Silvan). We used to get a leaflet in the letterbox just before the change, telling us not to have a hissy fit when the colour changed. There wasn't anything wrong with it; we drank it, showered in it and had no dramas. We only noticed the colour when we ran the bath for the kids; as you say, in a glass it looked clear.

Perhaps they're using Yan Yean again now that it's not sitting at 17% capacity? I haven't noticed the colour myself, but we don't use the bath much.
http://whittlesea-leader.whereilive.com ... -but-rosy/
Interesting
Hey I just thought I would do a little intro here (with a question at the end
) since H1 has been my regular go to page every day (SEVERAL times a day)... We are building in Mernda Village but are currently renting in South Morang.. but before we moved around here we were all the way down in caulfield... so i'm still getting used to the area (after a year)...

Now the question, do dog owners in the areas, are there any off leash walking tracks around the area.. even if its a short drive away... i know there are 3 off leash dog parks around in epping, mill park and thomastown.. but i'm more looking for somewhere to just go on a nice walk.... I'm hoping with Day light savings next week that i can start walking her during the week but Doncaster and warrandyte are too far and after driving to and from work (in chadstone) every day the last thing i want is another long drive..

sorry for the ramble.. I tend to do that sometimes..
Harrisons View Mabel Street, Doreen

I'm reading that this village (and possibly all of Laurimar except Laurimar Grand) is wired with Telstra, right?

And basically my internet options are strictly "locked" into Telstra services only (and not even their typical ADSL providers).

Is the Telstra Velocity service running on Mabel St already?

Considering buying/building in the mentioned vicinity, thanks.
The water is coming from Silvan Damm which is not filtered the same as the other Reservoirs. They never gave us any warnings and he did test three taps in our home. Its very green and there isno way I would drink it. Yes Mabel St is Velocity. Smart Community. U r locked to Telstra but get a 1500.00 credit if its a new home.
[deleted]
Hey, Can anyone recommend a landscaper (for design and construction) that actually comes to services Mernda????
boosho
Hey, Can anyone recommend a landscaper (for design and construction) that actually comes to services Mernda????

You must get in touch with Mark from Blue Gum Landscaping. That guy is honest, professional and he is a perfectionist. His number 0424 369 674. Tell him Raph from Mernda Village sent you.. He'll look after you. I have dealt with so many people in the last six months.. Concretor, plumber, sparky, joiner, Cabler, epoxy installer etc... And all I can say is, Mark is the only person that I would use again... Because I am a perfectionist myself.
mr.21

You must get in touch with Mark from Blue Gum Landscaping. That guy is honest, professional and he is a perfectionist. His number 0424 369 674. Tell him Raph from Mernda Village sent you.. He'll look after you. I have dealt with so many people in the last six months.. Concretor, plumber, sparky, joiner, Cabler, epoxy installer etc... And all I can say is, Mark is the only person that I would use again... Because I am a perfectionist myself.

Awesome thank you so much. Ill give him a call tomorrow. Nothing better than an honest perfectionist tradesperson.
yes Mark did our landscaping. Our pergola and our front garden. We have railway sleepers as steps going up to our porch. He also did our retaining wall. He is the nicest guy and a perfectionist.
Does anyone know what they are building behind the Commercial Hotel??
This show is Channel 9 on Sunday 14th October and has a feature on Mernda Villages.

The show is called On Display

12.30pm - 1pm
Nine
Sunday

Focusing on a vast array of living options, this show covers the best new homes, apartments and land developments. It also features the burgeoning towns of provincial Victoria, which are fast becoming ideal places for families to live.
Related
26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

18/01/2024
Brick wall small step cracks

General Discussion

Do I need to concern about this pattern of crack? Is this crack showing some signs of bigger problems? Thanks for any suggestions!

25/03/2024
Front step at doorway

Building A New House

Take a pick with a level sittingo n the slab and a pick with a level sitting on the sill please. This will help us diagnose the issue and therefore a solution. RE,…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum