Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Wet areas - Villaboard or Water resistant plasterboard?

Page 2 of 2
JB1
Which one do can you recommend.

well 'Shower Plug' has a 10 year warranty so If you paint that on at leased every 10-15 years(!) on the tiles and grout- you will never have a problem. Can't find the coverage though (bunnings website has it wrong)- you'll have to find out - there's also 1L tins.

Theres digger's Sealant Showercoat. cheaper, no warranty specified. 500ml will cover approximately 16m2

http://www.bunnings.com.au/sealant-show ... r_p6651334

the Tile Guard above seems fine- but I think maybe no warranty. there are ones just for the grout. there are quite a few products- I just searched the bunnings website for 'shower sealer' 'tile grout sealer' etc. I would find the coverage of 'Shower Plug', to see if it economical- though, it will last over 10 years. otherwise try to find one with a warranty or reputable brand or other h/ware stores.
but try to get 'Shower Plug'
Related
14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

5/12/2023
Control Joints in Villaboard for a Bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi All, First time poster. I was hoping to get some advice on villaboard installation within a bathroom. I have installed villaboard before, in a laundry. I think I did…

15/11/2023
Internal brick wall vs plasterboard - cost and acoustic?

Building A New House

Thank you alexp79 and gommeqld for your advice, that's very helpful, thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum