Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Using Kitome Pty Ltd

Page 2 of 2
Well ausdesign, you sure left the self titled expert wondering why he bought into your conversation. Keep up the good work Ausdesign, the name says it all.
[/co :lol: lor]
@builder bob

I am sure building a substantial home goes beyond your capability, so you better stick to your tin, batten and card board sheds.

ausdesign has not been able to tell how he wants to overcome the high thermal conductivity of single glazed joinery.

Talking building with you guys is like talking rugby with a Russian

This is a good start to improve your knowledge in building

http://www.greenhouse.gov.au/yourhome/t ... /index.htm
It is now more obvious than ever ever we are dealing with a person that either suffers from small mind sydrome or is an employee that will never make it past empoyee status.

Get out in the real world and off your antiquated island that time has forgot, and then only will any opinion you offer have the smallest incling of even being considered.

Lose the expert title would be a real good start.
Hi builder bob

chill out

Are you a qualified builder? or just another one of this nail bangers?
Have you worked in Europe? does your work experience go beyond Australia?
If making windows is my trade, isn't it natural that you become experienced in it ?, become an expert?
I have been working in many places with very different building methods and I have seen more than your same old boring batten and cardboard houses.
I am thinking of building a Kitome home and was excited to see a discussion forum on them in my search engine. I have to say that my excitement was soon squashed as I read on. I thought these discussion forums were about a bunch of adults discussing a topic of interest, not a bunch of guys having a testosterone competition. I am interested in reading and discussing information about Kitome and their kit houses. I do not wish to be witness to the childish bickering that this discussion forum has been reduced to. So can we please get back to the topic?
Hi I was just doing a search on Kitomes and appreciate what people have had to say. My husband and I are looking at having a kit home built for us by a professional builder. I think they look quite nice and are reasonably priced. I think someone on the board mentioned that we shouldn't really be purchasing our home from a box.
I would like to say that I totally disagree. My dad(not a builder) built a Douglas Aluminium home(holiday house) back in the 70's and it turned out to be a really beautiful home. He extended on the house and it housed a total of 9 people(all my family members).
We received so many comments on the home and it also with-stood the perils of 1977 bushfires. Your home is what you make it!

Is there anyone out there who has had the Beaumont or Forrestiville(from Kitome) built?
Can you tell me what it is like?

I would like to add that not all of us are in a financial position to purchase a project home. Kit homes can look just as professional and lovely as any home.

We intend to buy land in the blue mountains and build.

Thanks!!
Hi,

We are in Victoria (recently moved here from the UK) and want to build a house. We have been looking in particular at Harkaway Homes which come in the kit form, Harkaway do to lock up.

In their brochure they advise to double the package price in order to get an idea of the final cost of a home rwsdy to move into. This is based on a owner managed route, but we would like to find a builder that would do the whole job for us.

Can anyone advise how much we would be looking at for a builder to complete the home for us as opposed to us managing it ourselves. Also any recommendations of builders in the Melbourne?gippsland area that would be interested in taking on this kind of job.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

coming from Europe you will soon find that builders and some of the materials they use are quite not up to standards you are used to. To avoid bad surprises you are better of to manage it yourself. Also don't be afraid to ask them to do things your way.
Also think about using more substantial materials such as lightweight concrete or simular.
When it comes to joinery choose European style joinery (there are many companies making these all over Australia) you will have frustrating experiences if you use these poorly designed aluminium windows and doors, especially with the hardware,poor security and very poor thermal performance.

good luck!
Hello,

we are in simmilar climate and high ceelings and good isolation aswell with great roof overhangs towards west are a good start to consider. Cross ventilation in wind direction, if possible over two stories are really helpfull.
We built houses here in the Dominican Republic, which have no need for fans, or aircondition.
Hi,

If anybody is thinking of going down the kit home path it might pay to check out my page at http://www.spin.net.au/~shamash

Be very careful and ask lots of questions before you sign anything.

Cheers.
I have also looked art the Kitome designs and notice that the bedroom are on the small side. I am also living in flood prone area and am thinking of building the Kithome on top of a concrete structure with a storeroom/garage downstairs.

have this been considered before? I too am building in th Pacific island and the attraction of kit homes is that I can get everything filled in a container and assembled by a local builder onced it gets shipped there. Can anyone see any potential problems with that?

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Ours is on piers, so I don't see it'd be a problem, as long as you have someone who knows what they're doing putting the concrete structure down.
limkimkh, better make sure you have a complete inventory of components and have it checked by your eventual builder before you buy otherwise make sure you have a materials supplier handy.

You're the type of customer that's a dream come true for Kit home suppliers. Take a look at my post three back and follow the links.

Good luck.
issitoq,
I would like to know what qualifies you to pass comment on the kit home indusrty without nominating your why. I have been dealing with Kitome Pty Ltd for some time now and this disccussion is about them, and i have nothing but prais for the way the product is supplied and the accuracy of the material qantities. I see that you web page link has a the forth reich logo and that you suggest to make further comment on an US based site, why is this.
Unless you have actual details of who you have dealt with and what happened, i suggest you save your comments for your rompa stompa mates.
Hi,
Just wondering if you went ahead with the Kit Home? we are thinking of building one at Pango through kitome and I cannot find any info on the net. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
lahlah23
Hi,
Just wondering if you went ahead with the Kit Home? we are thinking of building one at Pango through kitome and I cannot find any info on the net. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

lol check the dates mate.
Geez…
A lot of smoke being blown in this topic...
qebtel
lahlah23
Hi,

lol check the dates mate.

lol, i did.... mate!! that's why i said "if you went AHEAD".

No need to be sarcastic, I was just looking for a little help, obviously this isn't the place to get it, thanks sooo much for your input , have a nice day
lahlah23
lol, i did.... mate!! that's why i said "if you went AHEAD". No need to be sarcastic, I was just looking for a little help, obviously this isn't the place to get it, thanks sooo much for your input , have a nice day

Any claimed sarcasm in your imagination. People occasionally resurrect old threads unknowinglyand I was just alerting you to the dates in case you missed it because you're not going to get an answer after 9 years. No need to have a hissy fit over it.
Related
25/09/2023
Using your builders Broker

Home Finance

Broker here - legislation says that every true broker must put the clients best interests before theirs so in theory they must offer you the best options for you on their…

7/02/2024
Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

Building A New House

Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum