We bought a block of land north west of Brisbane out of impulse after looking for what seemed forever for an existing house near the city. Eventually I grew tired of Saturday inspections, and not really finding something we liked, so we decided, bugger it, we will build.
It's our first home, so hoping we've made the right choice. As im a little bit quirky with a creative background, I didn't really fall in love with any plan we looked at, so we decided to go with Valeco that happily do custom designs.
We severely modified an existing plan, until we were both happy with it, and at this stage we are still working through the working drawings...
Changes to plan included:
- changed powder room to window side
- moved study nook
- Rearranged and extended kitchen
- added butlers pantry
- Included stacker doors to main living area
- moved entertainment nook so we can watch TV from the Alfresco
- made staircase more of a feature
- Added a cocktail bar
- added a heap of windows (I love a light filled house)
- Extended main bedroom
- planning to have a study desk next to wardrobe in downstairs bedroom
We've had a rocky start so far, as our sales consultant left half way through, and then its taken quite a bit of time to get back on track for the rest of their team to catch up.
Look forward to trekking this journey with you all. I have a feeling i'll need boots!