Just be aware when it comes to practicality living not display home living that massive void on top of the living looks nice butt....
1. Changing the lighting when it goes out will be hell.
2. Your gonna have to choose chandelier or chandelierss with goodlighting but also a feature otherwise defeats the purpose which also means alot more money
3. Sound waves from downstairs and just peiple talking in general may interfere with ur rumpus upstairs or just with the bedrooms in general. Like if u have kids sleeping but tv is on soynd will travel through the void upstairs....
Hope this makes sense??
Hey yep thought about all that, but there are several reasons why i love the idea and think it will work well
1. It will open up the entire downstairs and give the area an appearance of much more space
2. It will be on the easterly side, with louvre windows, this means lovely morning sun in winter and those beautiful easterly breezes we get out here on summer afternoons
-helping with cooling and heating
3. I have lots of large pieces of art work that i think will look fabulous there
4. If i could afford a bigger house or were going for a nicer facade i would, but i cant, so i want to have something thats a little unique for a project home, and most people wont expect to walk into that house and find that at the back
So hopefully it all works out