Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Terms of Use Notification - Be Respectful

Page 1 of 1
Dear All,

Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement / debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.

Quote:
2. Be respectful of other members at all times. Flaming or abusing (incl. bullying, belittling or humiliating) other members in any way is not acceptable. Any post deemed disrespectful or defamatory of another member or party will be removed, and the poster will be at risk of being banned.
3. Be respectful of Moderators and Administrators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping the Homeone Forum a happy place.

In keeping this forum a happy place, we encourage members to report any disrespectful behaviour by other individual members, or group of members, by clicking on the exclamation [Report a Post] icon far right of the respective objectionable post. Please include your comments.

Any member/s with a multiple count of complaints against them will risk having all membership privileges removed.
As this forum is about seeking information, why is it such a misdemeanor to sign off with your credentials?
I believed I could use this forum to
1) Help provide "accurate" information especially in relation to the BCA and Australian Standards,
2) Sign off with my credentials and business, allowing forum to ascertain information coming from a builder’s point of view

Other similar forums allow their members this privilege, and seem the richer for it

Seems a shame, as I too spend many hours answering many questions (On other forums)

I will continue to help the public, although via other forums
Hi Mamcon,

Did you have a particular issue with something in respect to the forum?

Please PM me if you wish to discuss any issues you have and I will be more than happy to sort them out for you.

Cheers,

Matt
Mamcon
As this forum is about seeking information, why is it such a misdemeanor to sign off with your credentials?
I believed I could use this forum to
1) Help provide "accurate" information especially in relation to the BCA and Australian Standards,
2) Sign off with my credentials and business, allowing forum to ascertain information coming from a builder’s point of view

Other similar forums allow their members this privilege, and seem the richer for it

Seems a shame, as I too spend many hours answering many questions (On other forums)

I will continue to help the public, although via other forums

All we ask is for a little bit of loyalty (50 posts) before we allow businesses to post their credentials.

It's always a great idea to warm into the community before pitching your services from the get go.

It'd be fair to say many members here are a little annoyed at the once-off posters in for a quick promotion - often seen as SPAM.

As far as I know, many 'other' forums adopt this principle.
homeone
Dear All,

Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement / debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.

Quote:
2. Be respectful of other members at all times. Flaming or abusing (incl. bullying, belittling or humiliating) other members in any way is not acceptable. Any post deemed disrespectful or defamatory of another member or party will be removed, and the poster will be at risk of being banned.
3. Be respectful of Moderators and Administrators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping the Homeone Forum a happy place.

In keeping this forum a happy place, we encourage members to report any disrespectful behaviour by other individual members, or group of members, by clicking on the exclamation [Report a Post] icon far right of the respective objectionable post. Please include your comments.

Any member/s with a multiple count of complaints against them will risk having all membership privileges removed.

Bump.
homeone
Dear All,

Quote:

In keeping this forum a friendly place, please report to us any rude behaviour such as bullying, or derogatory comments.

Click the '!' icon against questionable posts to report the member you find has posted objectionable or demeaning information - in breach of Homeone's Terms of Use.

We thank and continue to appreciate all our valued members whose efforts lead to a happy and humble forum.
Hello! I'm new to this site and i'm just a bit confused regarding the terms of use. I thought i'd drop by this area first before I accidentally do anything frowned upon

I actually am part of a start-up outdoor furniture business, and read that I cannot put the name of my business as prt of my username. Ok, that's clear. But can I still put the name and URL of my site in my signature once í've reached 50 posts since I represent a small online business? I'm not here to spam, but to be an active part of the community when it comes to outdoor furniture/resort living discussions (for both providing information, and getting information from others as well)

Hope someone can clear this up for me, thanks!
Hi dinob, welcome to Homeone!

dinob7
.....But can I still put the name and URL of my site in my signature once í've reached 50 posts since I represent a small online business?

Yes, that is correct. Once you've reached 50 posts, you may provide 2 lines of information regarding your business in your signature.

Quote:
Businesses
1. Members representing a business are prohibited from providing any commercial information within a signature if they have less than 50 posts.
2. Members representing a business with 50 or more posts, may only use two lines of information; providing only a business name - on the first line - and a link to a commercial site - on the second line. Taglines / slogans are not accepted.
3. Paid advertisers may include an additional three (3) lines of information during the life of the contractual period with Homeone Australia & New Zealand only upon, and not before, approval by either Support or Administrator.

NOTE: All members are prohibited from providing duplicate links in their signature.

Thank you for taking the time to read the Forum Terms of Use! Looking forward to your input!

Cheers.
Ok great, thanks for clearing that up Stormy! I'll make sure not to mention my business URL so I won't get into trouble

I would, however, also like to start a discussion about outdoor furniture to get ideas, what people are looking for, etc. I'll be quite transparent about this (that i'm a small business owner dealing with outdoor furniture) just so that everything is out in the open, but i'm definitely not looking to spam people or necessarily advertise in the forum. Again, i'm being upfront about this to show that I really do want to be above board, with good intentions.

Is this acceptable?

Ive noticed a lot of threads turn into a whos the bigger expert debate and ends up steering off the origional posters topic. Heavier policing of this would make the atmospher of this forum a lot more friendly.
Trewman
Ive noticed a lot of threads turn into a whos the bigger expert debate and ends up steering off the origional posters topic. Heavier policing of this would make the atmospher of this forum a lot more friendly.

Thanks for your feedback.

Trewman is right.

In keeping this forum a 'friendly place' please stay on-topic to avoid unnecessary warnings and suspension of your membership.

Furthermore, if there are any members reported and deemed to be bullying others, his or her account (inclusive of posts) will be deleted without notice.

To report either of the above - off-topicers and bullies - please click on the Report Post (!) icon bottom-right of offending post.
homeone
All we ask is for a little bit of loyalty (50 posts) before we allow businesses to post their credentials.

It's always a great idea to warm into the community before pitching your services from the get go.

It'd be fair to say many members here are a little annoyed at the once-off posters in for a quick promotion - often seen as SPAM.

Bump.
homeone
homeone
Dear All,

Quote:

Bump.

Bump, again!

On the whole it's comforting to know this community comprises of friendly, informative and supportive members.

It has come to our attention that one or two members seem to be abusing their membership privilege by intentionally disrespecting others by way of demeaning posts.

This is uncalled for, disruptive to the flow of dialogue and certainly not something that is condoned by homeone nor the forum community - and as outlined in the Forum Terms of Use.

Again, please be reminded that healthy debate is always encouraged providing it's free from disrespectful and/or derogatory comment.

Should you wish to report abuse please send homeone a PM so we may deal with these situations swiftly.
Bump.
Bumping this again. It seems we have a few members forgetting that this forum is for people to share their builds, ask for advice etc. BUT it is not a place to air your grievances with your builder. if you have major issues with a builder you need to deal with them privately. NOT here. Public naming and shaming is not acceptable use of this forum. Personal attacks on members will also not be tolerated. PLAY NICE!
Bump.
Related
31/10/2023
Unfair Contract Terms- ACCC new penalties

General Discussion

I believe that liquidated damaged should be amount of actual loss to the owner from the delays. The issue in all of this is building industry lobbying and contributing to…

29/05/2023
How I lost $100,000 and why I will never use steel frames

Building A New House

That sucks! Hope it all works out. Good to move away from steel anyway for all your reasons, but it's also thermally poor.

14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum