We are starting out on the process of building a new home.
We would love some input from you all (or just your 2c) as there are so many little decisions and options!
It will be a knockdown, rebuild in Melbourne in Malvern East (as you may have guessed from my username).
This is our first new house build - I can tell from reading all of the posts on this forum and our experience dealing with people to date that it is going to be a real rollercoaster!
We secured a block of land last year.
We are speaking to a builder and working on plans at the moment.
- Double storey home with 4 bedrooms + study
- Make use of the block's northern orientation
- Allow plenty of natural light
- Option to host large dinner parties (usually family) - which would involve extending a dining table into the living room
- A high standard of thermal comfort
- A high standard on flooring
- A medium standard on appliances, stone, tiles and other finishes
- A few interesting details throughout the house
Looking forward to sharing the journey!