First time poster, but been reading posts and articles for some time now. The wife and I have purchased our first plot of land in The Gables in the Rouse/Box Hill area of NSW and are building our first home. The land won't register until March next year, but we're looking at lots of homes to decide which one we like the best and we've come down to 3 selections:
- Chiefly 40 - Rawson (Estimate of $665K)
- Phoenix 37 - Metricon (Estimate of $635K)
- Mosman 50 - Clarendon (Estimate of $675K)
When I compare these homes and their base prices, Rawson and Metricon are of similar prices for homes of similar size, but Clarendon seems odd to me... Their Mosman 50 is a big house, which a lot of amenities we like, but I find it difficult that while the Mosman is quite larger, it's price is not too much more than the other two.
So what I wanted to ask the forum here,
- Those of you who have built with Clarendon, what's your opinion and review
- When it comes to Metricon, Rawson, Clarendon - what are the main differences between these three and how is their build quality compared to each other?
Thanks in advance for any feedback and responses.