Have you seen Iron Man? I would like Jarvis, if you can buy that somewhere...
I'm still trying to decide between Google, Alexa and Apple, plus there are probably some good ones none of us have even heard of.
The main smart home things I'm looking at so far are:
- CCTV which I can view from my phone
- Doorbell which I can view from phone
- Some wi-fi connected light switches
- I have to check my air con controller to see if I can pre-heat or cool house prior to arriving home using the app
- Maybe smart door locks on the front and internal garage door
These are more bucket-listy things...
- internal motion detect sensor lights
- smart coffee maker
- aaaaand, going back to Iron Man... electric window shades/blinds/curtains. I love the idea of opening or closing them by voice command
Apologies for the late reply, was in Singapore over the long weekend.
I'm the same too. Will be getting or already getting:
Smart door lock
CCTV and light combo (the ring system)
Smart garage door lock system
I upgraded my heating to include a smart feature
I already have motion sensor for my stair lights
For the blinds I believe there's already a battery operated system available now. I saw it on kickstarter once
For the lights, I will be doing that waaay later down the line. Smart coffee maker sounds cool though, do they even exist? Lol
We're going to use Google Assistant. Over the last couple of weeks we helped the hubby's parents in their new home and they had Alexa, and omg, the pain. Maybe some of that was Sonos + Alexa, but still.
We're using DoorBird for our doorbell which will work with Google.