So I'm looking at buying some land. I found a pretty cheap one, and I think I've figured out why its cheap but I should be able to work around that. Have I got all my bases covered here??
1. Acid sulfate soil. Will this affect site costs heavily?
2. An easement on the 1 side of the lot. Thats fine, its where I wanted my garden anyways, overlooking the river.
3. Only in the 0.1% flood risk area, and that is only for the lower part of the lot.
4. The slope and shape of the property I think is what puts most buyers off. It has a steep ~4m slope right at the road, then the property gently slopes down another 1.5 over the remaining property. The part I plan to build on should only slope about 1m. That shouldn't be a major issue? And will need to make some plan with the driveway to make the steep side accessible. I can only afford going with pre-designed homes so options are limited but Dixon has a few designs that suit this layout.
5. DBYD. A number of assets in the area but most are right up by the street or down in the easement, save for an "abandoned sewer line" which is in the way... Problem??
6. No idea what utilities are connected. Is there an easy way to check this? Water, electricity, sewer, NBN, what else?
Below is a child's drawing of my plan. Any suggestions, warnings, advice??