Aug 21, 2008 9:40 pm
boooo we were all good to go, settlement was set for next thursday, then we get a call today saying that when putting in all the forms, anz failed to ask members equity if they could take out a 2nd mortgage on my mum's house (guarantor situation)... so they have to do it all again, which could take several WEEKS... in which case settlement is pushed back and we may be forced to pay about $100 per day interest to the vendor. Stupid bank.
Our solicitor is going to try to make a deal with the vendor that we can still move in on original settlement date and pay rent until everything goes through... that's a couple of thousand dollars on top of our loan though, thanks anz. We were switching to them to get away from idiots at which bank.... *sigh*
Re: bank effed up!4
Aug 22, 2008 9:02 am
I would go in and make a scene at the bank.
They will try and sort it out very quickly to keep the situation low key so there others customers don't feel uncomfortable...but you have to wait till its busy and you have to talk loud.
Not something thats comfortable for many but apparently it works
The same thing happened to the people buying our house and all of a sudden their bank was ready after the buyer did this.
Re: bank effed up!5
Aug 22, 2008 12:00 pm
It's all being sorted out between our solicitors, their solicitors, the bank and our mortgage broker... the wheels are turning, we don't have to make a scene. The bank got their *** into gear quite quickly, now we just have to wait for members equity (not associated with us, just has the 1st mortgage on my parents house) to process the paperwork. So all we can do is wait.
But our solicitors have talked to the vondor's solicitor and they've agreed to occupancy before settlement, so at least we can still move in next week. But we will have to pay more fees, so in the end this could end up costing us a couple more thousand... which our solicitor said the bank is unlikely to pay willingly as they rarely admit to making a mistake. But I will stick to my guns on this one and push it as far as I can to get them to pay our extra costs.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
icat2000Bank validation on unregistered landBank validation on unregistered land
I had the same situation when I needed to quickly approve a loan by my bank, but it all dragged on for a long time, I had to draw up a lot of documents , since I live in…
Doozer1905Items after handover- issues with bank?Items after handover- issues with bank?
Very unusual to see Westpac offer that type of loan, was the flooring and painting in the original price and you took it out to get the price down? If the loan was…
bc89Final Progress Payment Documentation for bankFinal Progress Payment Documentation for bank
Hi Caito, I don't live in Vic but I would say the process is the same everywhere, but after completing the Final Inspection and issuing the certificate, the builder or…