Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm
Well, It appears that my land title will be months later than when I was expecting. I left a leeway of over 4 months, but things are not looking good.
I may go over the 26 week start date required. The delays are completely out of my control.
I was wondering what will happen in my situation?
Re: What if titling is delayed for the FHOG2
Oct 18, 2009 3:54 pm
There is a dispensation process for the FHOG, which may apply for this. If delays to your base stage occur due to factors out of your control or being foreseable, then you may get an extention. Check with the State Revenue Office.
Re: What if titling is delayed for the FHOG3
Oct 18, 2009 7:47 pm
A signed and dated letter from your developer stating the expected time of completion can't hurt. Mine sent me a letter without me even asking.
Metricon Riva 33 - http://herlihy-riva.blogspot.com
Site start 15/03/2010 - Handover 23/12/2010
9 months and 8 days (284 calendar days) from site start to handover
Re: What if titling is delayed for the FHOG4
Oct 19, 2009 12:17 pm
The two posts above are correct. If you can get some confirmation from your builder etc that there is a delay and a brief outline of the reasons. In this case being the delay in Title. You can then contact the Office of State Revenue.
Speak to them and check what the process is for the First Home Owners Grant dispensation on timeframes. This may vary from state to state. If you get the ball rolling now and arrange a decision/ruling from the OSR now rather than later it is best. Get them to send you something in writing or arrange a physical meeting with someone.
If this does not work you may be able to have your accountant or solicitor do the required searching and obtain the ruling on your behalf. This however may cost you money.
If there are any issues down the track it would most likely end up in the hands of your solicitor anyway. So if you feel you are not getting anywhere with the OSR direct it may be best to try your solicitor.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
rav058stage 2 registration delayed to March 2018stage 2 registration delayed to March 2018
had called up emeraldhills and was informed that the registration date is noe moved from Feb to March...for stage 2. worried tat the sunset point is just few months away…
AddellFHOG as part of construction depositFHOG as part of construction deposit
Hi guys. We have bought a House and Land package where the minimum deposit for the land is 10% and 5% for the build. We have paid these minimum reqt out of our pocket so…