Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Power Point Requirement Whats available and what to choose

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Not sure if this is the right section.

But I have a requirement in the theatre room and office rooms that has to power more than 8 devices.

Is there an option to support this through the wall unit.

Im building with Porter Davis by the way
BigBanjo
I have a requirement in the theatre room and office rooms that has to power more than 8 devices.

Not sure what you mean by "through the wall unit", but why not just install two quad power points?
arcadelt
BigBanjo
I have a requirement in the theatre room and office rooms that has to power more than 8 devices.

Not sure what you mean by "through the wall unit", but why not just install two quad power points?

Sorry I meant the one fixed to wall. Instead of 2 quad ones is there a one with 8 points?
BigBanjo
Sorry I meant the one fixed to wall. Instead of 2 quad ones is there a one with 8 points?

I've never seen one in the specific domestic designs from the big companies, but there are many more options in commercial ranges. However, not all of them are attractive in a domestic housing situation. Is there a specific reason you want something like an eight-gang power point? Often people have TV or media cabinet in front of the points. Is that not what you are doing? It would help if you detailed a bit more what you are trying to achieve.
arcadelt
BigBanjo

I've never seen one in the specific domestic designs from the big companies, but there are many more options in commercial ranges. However, not all of them are attractive in a domestic housing situation. Is there a specific reason you want something like an eight-gang power point? Often people have TV or media cabinet in front of the points. Is that not what you are doing? It would help if you detailed a bit more what you are trying to achieve.

In my theatre I have around 8+ devices for cinema and music
BigBanjo

Yes I got that, so why not just use two quad power point next to or near each other...like this?

arcadelt
BigBanjo

Yes I got that, so why not just use two quad power point next to or near each other...like this?

Yes you are right. Looks perfect for my needs. Thanks a lot..

By the way how to know if my builder(porter Davis in my case) has this. I know its a stupid question but is there a way to know what they have in terms of the fitting that go into the house(electrical , plumbing and all sorts of things)
They have something called Style world but you need to visit in person I guess
BigBanjo
By the way how to know if my builder(porter Davis in my case) has this. I know its a stupid question but is there a way to know what they have in terms of the fitting that go into the house(electrical , plumbing and all sorts of things)
They have something called Style world but you need to visit in person I guess

I didn’t build with a volume builder so I don't know for certain, but quad power point are available in many of the major domestic styles. I'd suggest you ring your project manager/site supervisor and ask him what is possible. Failing that, collar the electrician one day when you see him on site and ask him if he can do that kind of setup for you.
Trader make a 5 gang GPO
http://www.gsme.com.au/uploads/download ... _flyer.pdf
Related
3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum