Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Lighting Designer

Page 1 of 1
Anybody used the services of a Lighting Designer?

I know that Beacon offer the service (http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/design-studio), however they may just recommend what they stock-
We did, through our architect. Funny, but the guy was from a particular high-end lighting supplier, and while he specified their products, he was also happy if I went with alternatives. In the end, I have largely replicated his design using other companies cheaper, and in some cases, better products.

I'd suggest you use Beacon Lighting's service, but don't feel obligated to buy from them. That said, much of what I substituted in has come from Beacon Lighting as their's are pretty nice designs and good value for money; however, I have gone with a number of products from others as well.
JB1
Anybody used the services of a Lighting Designer?

I know that Beacon offer the service (http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/design-studio), however they may just recommend what they stock-

We went to a lighting store in Armadale and they were more than happy to look st our floor plan and advise on lighting for each room.

The sales assistant was excellent and provided pros and cons about the way the light would be cast, shadows, tones and brightness as well as style and design.

We've made all our decisions without paying an additional fee.

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Many thanks guys.

arcadelt- do you remember who the designer was and what you paid?

Waldorf_Grange_Build- will Porter Davis allow you to supply your own lights?
JB1
Many thanks guys.

Waldorf_Grange_Build- will Porter Davis allow you to supply your own lights?

Yes they are putting in pendant provisions and we are getting our electrician friend to install all the pendants and wall sconces after handover.

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
That's a good idea.
JB1

The designer was provided through our architect and he cost nothing. That said, when you are paying those kinds of fees, you expect that to be included. I don't recall his name, but he was the Canberra representative for Inlite.
So scottadesign you used the services of a famous, well known & professional Landscape Designer firm called Scott Anderson?

I didn't realise landscape designers do lighting design.
arcadelt
I didn't realise landscape designers do lighting design.

Only if you're a famous, well known & professional Landscape Designer

JB1
arcadelt
Only if you're a famous, well known & professional Landscape Designer

Hmmmm. I think something has gone missing.
Related
2/09/2023
Architect vs designer vs builder

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your build is relatively simple, I believe your job can be easily done by a good building designer, you really do not need to pay for the architect. Remember, architect's…

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum