Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Changing LED light in fanlight by electrician ???

Page 1 of 1
Went to Beacon to get a quote for 7 ceiling fans with lights. They seem to only sell their own brand - Lucci?

I was told that the LED lights, when needing replacement, CANNOT be changed by the homeowner but by an electrician - wt.....??
Now I know LEDs last for years but really..........I will need to pay a bomb for a tradesman to do it for me????
Not happy at all with this.

Is this true for all LED lighting ?

Are there LED fanlights out there that :
1) have globes I can change myself ?
2) and are they bright enough ?

Any suggestions guys ?

Actually - any suggestions for ceiling fans with lights that you've been happy with yourselves ?

I did look at a few online stores but I got confused
............or should I stick to E27 fittings ?
Recently I have seen a number of light fittings that consist of an array of LEDs behind the diffuser glass.

If the LEDs fail you would need to change the whole fitting which means the regulations require you to use an electrician.

I'm generally sticking to conventional fittings and getting LED bulbs.

Not quite as even a light as with the LED arrays but in my mind quite satisfactory and when the LED fails just get another bulb.
Have trawled the 'net and found this fan hunter pacific white intercept which has 2 x E27 (Edison screw) lamp holders

It looks to be consumer-friendly ie globes that we can replace rather than bringing in an electrician and takes LEDs if we want to go that way.::cheerleader::

Anyone know if this fanlight (2 x 40w globes) provides enough general light ?
Southies
Went to Beacon to get a quote for 7 ceiling fans with lights. They seem to only sell their own brand - Lucci?

I was told that the LED lights, when needing replacement, CANNOT be changed by the homeowner but by an electrician - wt.....??
Now I know LEDs last for years but really..........I will need to pay a bomb for a tradesman to do it for me????
Not happy at all with this.

Is this true for all LED lighting ?

Are there LED fanlights out there that :
1) have globes I can change myself ?
2) and are they bright enough ?

Any suggestions guys ?

Actually - any suggestions for ceiling fans with lights that you've been happy with yourselves ?

I did look at a few online stores but I got confused

We were offered two types of downlights with our build. I remember the consultant explaining that one type required a qualified electrician to change them. We went for the other type instead so we didn't have to go down that path.

I wasn't given that choice
I've decided NOT to buy my fanlights from Beacon - bugger that !

I'll instead be ordering from an online company for a much better price and be getting a national brand
Related
18/01/2024
Do I need an electrician to remove this wall heater?

General Discussion

Just wondering if this is hardwired or can I remove it myself?

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

5/09/2023
Changing a window to a door - DA vs complying development

General Discussion

Hi All, I'm new here! I'm in a block of 4 apartments (Waverley council) and looking to change a window to a sliding door. The window faces an enclosed garden (with a…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum