Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Shall I go with LED lights

Page 1 of 1
Hi, Is there anybody use led downlight or bulb for a long time. How do you feel about LED, does it has a very long life time. LED looks good but still a little expensive. Thanks in advance!
90% of old lights went in heat - not light. It's why Led / old = about 1 to 10.

Even halogen are well below led.

Over time you will save and led will be cheaper.
Yes I would highly recommend LED downlights for your home. I've changed over from my old Halogens and noticed a drop in my energy bills.

I've tried a few different types, some of the Chinese ones failed .. but these new Taiwanese ones I purchased are fantastic.
I found some led bulbs that can be controlled by iphone or remote controller through wifi. You can change colour, brightness.
I used my LED bulb for about one year, and it worked fine, save electricity and start without warm-up progress. so I highly recommend you to switch to LEDs.

As for the price, it is a little expensive when shopping one, but the price of led is dropping now as the technology development, also it can last for a long time and save energy, which will save you huge and make it cheap.
You get great savings over time. And it's nice to know that even when a light is left on, it's not burning through my wallet. If you're installing new lights, these days you may as well go LED.
Still hasn't quite matured, but getting pretty close these days.

LED lighting is really the only way you want to go with the constantly rising electricity tariffs.

Someone else mentioned that if you forget to turn them off, they aren't going to empty your wallet too quickly.
"I've tried a few different types, some of the Chinese ones failed .. but these new Taiwanese ones I purchased are fantastic"

Can you please advise brand name of Taiwanese globes?
I have changed 50W halogens with led's about 18 months ago and cold not be happier.
Definitely move across to LED.

Halogen will soon be obsolete, and technology is growing super fast with LED, so it'll be wise to use LED and benefit on electricity costs.
Related
6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum