Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

What lighting would suit this room??

Page 1 of 1
These yellow lights hanging from the ceiling have got to go!! BUT, I am at a loss for what kind of lighting would suit this room and ceiling.

Sorry about the blur in this photo.. the camera was low on battery and was going to stop working any second... but you get the idea....

Any ideas on possible lighting styles?

Thanks.
________
Louise
Trapeze lighting is the only type of lighting for this skillion/high ceilings.

Check out this link for more info.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... n%26sa%3DG
Hmm - I have similar ceilings - with off-white gyprock in between the beams, and I'm looking at some CFL's that I can direct as required onto the walls and fllor, plus some floor standing lighting.
The timber ceiling will not reflect so you need to look at what sort of ambience you are trying to achieve fist. - ie directional direct lighting, or soft room lighting.
Try some freestanding lights in various places, and you may find they are a better fit for that sort of room.
Lounge rooms in my books are rooms of softer lighting and flexible ways of lighting them up - depending on if on is reading, chatting or entertaining.
Steve
The cheaper alternative: DIY low voltage trapeze lighting kit

trapeses are pretty bad at blowing bulbs in my experience. Voltage surges are not the greatest thing.

I reckon some directional CFL's in reflective housings would work a treat there. Maybe 2 sets of 3 way track type lights directed in various directions would give the room a bit more character and provide shadows and highlight the timber like nature gives in a forest.
Steve
Related
2/04/2024
How would you make this room feel homey

Interior Decorating Lounge

In my opinion just a few more indoor plants and you're done. It's already a lovely space, you've managed a classic style without being too cluttered and that creates a…

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum