Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Showing off my new lights

Page 1 of 1
These are lights we ordered whilst on holidays a year ago, had freighted over, and have finally been installed in our new house approaching completion. It is always a worry when you buy on a whim for a house that wasn't even out of the ground at the time. I am so pleased with them I had to show them off.

Wow. Very nice...I especially like the first one.
that first one is beautiful, show us a pic with it on!!

the 2nd one...what can you say...umm, what is it made of? what are the brown things made of?
quite unusual ay. I would have to see it in real life I recon, it looks huge...is it? bet it was heavy

I too have bought some lights and in my head, they look GREAT! the plans are still in council so it will be a while
before they are up

where did you buy yours? overseas?
They were both bought from the same shop on the island of Murano off Venice. The second one is made of handblown glass. The brown "turds"are also glass and have flecks of gold leaf through them. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but we LOVE it. And yes they are both very heavy. I think about 40kgs. The poor electrician had to put them together in situ. It took all day on a ladder.

I can't show you them on yet. We still have to get the bulbs!
I really like your description of the brown 'turds'!
venice

wow, cool. they must have been a fortune and a fortune to ship back.
they will look great, esp on and a nice momento of your travels, well done
Related
6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum