Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

How Many Pendants For My Island Bench?

Page 1 of 1
Okay now I know that most people say three pendant lights are sufficient over an island bench ........... but does this still look right when the island bench is 4m?

Our kitchen / dining / living area is all one big open space with downlights in the living and dining areas (sorry can't post electrical plan as still haven't been given a copy
). Over the bench I want pendant lights or some kind of long pendant light - but the longest I have seen is only around 1m - something like Judie posted in her thread earlier. Could you have two of these or would it look a little naff?

DH not much help - dragged him around Beacon today and all he could say was "Told you to just stick with downlights!!" - but I really hate downlights so want to break it up a bit.

Thanks guys.
Hmmm kyton, you know I think 3 would still look ok. I think you'd have to go to 5 if you were going to get any more, and that might be too much.

Our island bench is quite small (<2m) and I was thinking 3 might look too squashed in.
we always find something to worry about hey?
Donuts - I know. I am amazed that I can constantly become obsessed with something so minor that it fills up my every waking moment. Then again have always been this way but think that it is probably worse now that I am not working am home with the kidlets most days
Three should work out perfectly for a 4m bench. Space the outer pendants one metre from the end of the bench then there will be one metre spacing between pendants.

If you have a bench <2m I would be going for a single 3-branched pendant.
Something tells me I may need to post a picture to explain that!
kyton
Donuts - I know. I am amazed that I can constantly become obsessed with something so minor that it fills up my every waking moment. Then again have always been this way but think that it is probably worse now that I am not working am home with the kidlets most days

I agree! All the things we used to stress over at work we transfer to the house

Lyn - yes a picture please
though it's too late for me I think I'm stuck with my 3...
Something like this ... but I don't like this particular one - only one I can find in a hurry... you'll get the drift though!

thanks Lyn
I did consider those for about 5 minutes ... I think I will like my separate 3 better than those ones though ... even if they are squashy

sorry to hijack kyton ... back to you
I've decided on these (the middle one l think, lol) for my island bench. My BIL (sparky) recommended getting four of them.

http://www.lightingaffairs.com.au/i/Fro ... tem/doc338
Related
26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum