Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Ceiling Fan Light

Page 1 of 1
We have an electrical selection for our new house next week and they've sent me the prices which is making me question some choices for the smaller bedrooms. Originally was considering a ceiling fan + 4 down lights, but now thinking of a ceiling fan with built in light. Do the lights on these ceiling fans provide sufficient light for bedrooms/home office of 4m x 4.5m and 3.5 x 4.0m.
TrickyRickyDoo
We have an electrical selection for our new house next week and they've sent me the prices which is making me question some choices for the smaller bedrooms. Originally was considering a ceiling fan + 4 down lights, but now thinking of a ceiling fan with built in light. Do the lights on these ceiling fans provide sufficient light for bedrooms/home office of 4m x 4.5m and 3.5 x 4.0m.

Probably defpends on the fan, but in my experience no.
How much light do you need for a bedroom? It's very rare that I ever want lots of powered light in a bedroom. I would go ceiling fan light as a medium central light and then a couple of wall lights, which feel much cosier than downlights.
TrickyRickyDoo

No, we originally went with a ceiling fan with a built in light but found it wasn't enough to read by so had 4 downlights installed later
I guess if you had just the one light you could add task lighting. Ie desk light, bedside for reading, strip lights in cupboard etc. One thing I hated with the down lights in a bed room is not able to dim them down. But of course you can do that nowadays quite easily.
Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum