Join Login
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation

Concrete slab driveway next to house

Page 1 of 1
Good evening, I'm looking for advice on whether anyone has had to resolve a water issue with a concrete slab driveway touching the external walls of my old 1840's cottage. Whenever it rains the water pools around the sides and falls between the crack which has expansion foam. Consequently the old girl has rising damp which I am dealing with but what to do with this (shared) driveway has got me stumped! You should be able to see from the photo that I have used an adhesive weather proofing tape as a temporary measure, but it's time now to replace with something more permanent particularly as now that I've installed a damp proof course from the inside.
Related
2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation
Home
Pros
Forum