Join Login
Building ForumBugs & Suggestions

Reputation of The Shed House at Forest Glen Qld Australia

Page 1 of 1
The person communicating with my son at The Shed House seems hopeless. While he returned emails & phone calls promptly at first, after a while he became very tardy. Also he didn't give my son important information about needing a contour plan the structural engineer needed to determine if it was safe to build. The result of the soil test was H1P, apparently the worst kind of soil you can build on. The Shed House may have been angry that my son used an independent soil tester rather than the one who does The Shed House soil testing. An independent soil tester was used because he was almost half the price the one The Shed House implied he should use. The other reason he used an independent soil tester was that The Shed House wanted him to pay them $3,300 before the due diligence on the land was complete. Apparently that is part of their business model. Are people crazy enough to pay that much before they know if the land is safe to build on? Further this person from The Shed House took 6 days to contact my son to tell him he needed a contour plan - too late for my son to get a contour plan & a structural engineer's report before the end of the due diligence period.
My son was really keen on having a shed & I think they seem to be a good economical option. However given all this stuffing around my son is going to use another builder.
Related
30/09/2023
Statesmen homes reputation

Building A New House

Hello all, I have been looking at display homes and talking to some builders. I am looking to build a custom home in South Australia, Adelaide. I'm looking at Statesmen…

27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

23/05/2023
Soundproofing regulations in Australia

General Discussion

If you don't want to annoy the neighbours then simply get yourself some good head phones. For me the sound is much better using headphones. The NCC (National Construction…

You are here
Building ForumBugs & Suggestions
Home
Pros
Forum