Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Re leveling house ‘jack and pack’

Page 1 of 1
Hi, New here 👋🏼
I’m in the process of getting quotes to relevel our house. I have two quotes so far...

One quote is $8800 to jack up the house and pack the stumps to level.
PLUS $300 for additional stumps (which they suggested I required) or replacement of cracked stumps.
PLUS $10 each for termite caps, 50 required.

Second quote was $2600 to jack up house and pack to level.
PLUS $150 per stump if any require replacing.
No mention of extra stumps or termite caps.

I’m unsure if $8800 is a total rip off or $2600 is a job not done properly?
How can they be so different?

I’m in the process of getting a third quote but am finding it hard to find anyone else to quote as we live on the Mornington Peninsula and it turns out that too far for people to come!

I need a third quote because I am utterly confused by the first two...
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
1st quote sounds more realistic
but we dont know how many stumps need levelling
without going under your house
Oh I should add that this is a tiny (size of a unit) 1979 brown brick house on concrete stumps an hour south of Melbourne.
aussieta
1st quote sounds more realistic
but we dont know how many stumps need levelling
without going under your house

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it.
How can they accurately quote without going under the house then?
It did actually shock me that neither company went under the house, the just waved a torch around from the trap door and came up with a figure...
Naez, have you done the jack and pack?
I have just had mine done recently and have got a bit of experience to say it all depends on what is required.
Doors jammed or crack bricks to be fixed?
You could be treating symptom and not a cause. There is a reason why your house is out of level how do you know what it is?
In a worst case scenario you could spend the money and your problem will return.
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum