Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Laminate floors without scotia???

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.

I know this issue has been talked about in the forum quite a bit but I haven’t got one answer as to if we can have laminate floors without scotia or not?

It’s a new build and I have 2 questions.

1- if the flooring goes up to the wall and the skirting/trims sits on top of floors, will that be enough expansion space for the floors?
And if the slab is not smooth, how will vertical gaps between floor and skirting be filled?

2 - what needs to be done for island waterfall edges?
I do not want scotia there but is it safe to have waterfalls on top of flooring? Someone said it might crack the island stone if the floor expands?

Would really appreciate some solutions please . Really worried.
Related
20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum