Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Floor thickness for tiling and timber flooring after handove

Page 1 of 1
Just a quick question, I plan to do flooring after handover. Does anyone know the floor thickness so that Wisdom can adjust the kitchen, door height etc. I am planning the following:

1. Ground floor - 800x800 porcelain tiles + sand cement to level the floor.

2. First floor - Timber flooring
The wet areas (bathroom, laundry...) will be done by your builder. The wet areas generally should have tiles and thus the thickness will be no different. The builder should be able to figure it out.
You should worry about skirting boards (if builder fixes them, you will have to remove those for tiling and then re-fix), floor scotia around kitchen islands etc.
IamSAM
The wet areas (bathroom, laundry...) will be done by your builder. The wet areas generally should have tiles and thus the thickness will be no different. The builder should be able to figure it out.
You should worry about skirting boards (if builder fixes them, you will have to remove those for tiling and then re-fix), floor scotia around kitchen islands etc.

Hi,

Bathrooms, laundry will be done by the builder. But we don’t like the flooring that they are providing in living areas. I understand that there will be lots of work with skirting boards and scotia but there are ways around it. We haven’t said no to them yet but they are asking that if we do it ourselves we need to tell them the floor height so that they can adjust kitchen, doors etc accordingly.
1- depends how level the floor is. Assuming it's perfect, I'd say 15mm.

2- what type of floorboard?

JB1
1- depends how level the floor is. Assuming it's perfect, I'd say 15mm.

2- what type of floorboard?

Hi ,

Ground floor we are planning to have porcelain tiles as first floor solid timber flooring.
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

7/02/2024
Flooring & Floor Covering

Flooring & Floor Covering

got it. thanks. I was looking for word ' Adobe' and added filter. all good.

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum