Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Ideas for floor covering on apartment

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Some of you may remember me from my Custom KDR, Newcastle thread. This home had beautiful blackbutt timber flooring and a deluxe underlay smartstrand carpet. Very happy with those choices.

Now looking on behalf of someone for lower-budget but still nice ideas for a much smaller apartment, of which I have attached the floorplan.Very much like the smartstrand carpet and happy to go for it again.

Presently the kitchen and bathrooms have a rather average brown ceramic tile which I think is 400 x 400 which are not so nice but in good condition. Step down from kitchen onto carpet of living areas, step up from living areas into bathrooms.

The dining/living is all carpet and I am wondering if there are some covering options that will go nicely over the existing kitchen tile and replace the carpet, as I'm not sure about having carpet in dining area.

I fear that might break the flow into the bedrooms too much though in what is a small space?

So

1) Redo carpet areas with smartstrand and leave kitchen as is for now
2) Redo kitchen and living/dining with an alternative material that will go over kitchen tiles and be neat around the bench?
Then bedrooms in Smartstrand?
3) Do whole apartment except for bathrooms in something else?

I don't like vinyl at all.

Happy for some input as making best use of the space

is quite a different process to a new build.

Now I
Any thoughts
Related
7/02/2024
Flooring & Floor Covering

Flooring & Floor Covering

got it. thanks. I was looking for word ' Adobe' and added filter. all good.

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum