Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Vinyl Plank Flooring Questions Answered

Page 4 of 4
GaryE
Bebbsy, Kenbrock are a good company, too. I worked with them for years when I was doing design floors and consultancy work. They have a strong commitment to customer service and I know from personal experience they care about product quality.
Best of luck with your project, I hope it works out well.

😀
If you are looking for dimensionally stable and virtually waterproof floor, consider engineered teak as an alternative.

Can be laid floating in click and tongue over cork underlayment as DYI job.
alexp79
If you are looking for dimensionally stable and virtually waterproof floor, consider engineered teak as an alternative.

Can be laid floating in click and tongue over cork underlayment as DYI job.

How expensive is that? I am looking to spend around $85sqm. 😬
Not sure if you are still around - however;

Looking at karndean longboard loose lay.

They suggest "Karndean hi tac pressure sensitive adhesive" is used in grid pattern. While you are saying it should be everywhere. Is it just due to the temperature swings that occur?

Also googling, its hard to find places that sell it. Are there good alternatives from bunnings or others?
Hi Gary,

I don't know if you still check in here but had a question about LVP in kitchen. After doing the kitchen looking to replace the floor (concrete slab) and using LVP. How does this work i.e. can you just take it to the base of the kickboards or do you put it under the cabinets before the kickboard goes in? I saw previusly that it would normally have to go under skirting or a scotia is required?

Thanks!
[quote="GaryE"][/quote]

Hi Gary,

If you still read over this forum I would appreciate any ideas you have to help with the below.

We are in the process of having our ceramic tiles taken up and concrete floor slab grinded.

Once complete we will be left with a 10mm gap between the concrete sub floor and bottom on the skirting. Ideally we want to install a 5mm vinyl plank but this will leave a 4/5mm gap between the floor surface and bottom of the skirting.

Any ideas to resolve this?

We absolutely hate the look of scotia and want to avoid it if possible.

In an earlier post you suggested "Both types require a solid surface - concrete, tongue and groove timber, plywood or chipboard"

Could we install a material between the subfloor and 5mm vinyl plank to bring the height of the floor up. Assuming we can use a pressure sensitive adhesive on the material.

Final concern with that would be if any moisture got into the layer between the concrete and vinyl.
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum