Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Require comps for posi/floor trusses

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am hoping someone can assist. We have been building a new house and our builder went into liquidation in November 2016. So far it has been completed till second floor framing only and roof trusses haven't been installed. I have been going through the process and found another builder who is ready to start the job but we require floor truss/posi comps and we are not able to obtain this from the manufacturer. We have been trying for more than a month but nothing has happened and its just delaying everything. Manufacturer is bunnings and they are saying they can't release any information due to their contractual obligations with the old builder which doesn't make sense.

I have spoken to the building surveyor and he said that we might be able to get some engineer to come to site and maybe sign off on them but I have spoken to the engineer and he is not prepared to do that.

As I mentioned, new builder is ready to order the roof trusses and start construction but without the comps for floor trusses, it might be an issue during frame inspection.

Is there anything else we can do to proceed further? I was happy to pay an engineer to come on site and have a look.

Thank you in advance.
Related
1/01/2024
Trusses

Building A New House

Yes the knot that missing and split on the end. Turns out it needs rectification.

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum